Theoben S-TYPE for Timelord

Read a review on this little sweet nut the other day it got 5/5 well worth the investment if you can afford it. i'm just starting out in the air rifle scene but after a week or so with my lowly bsa tactical and a few rabbits bagged i'm really starting to enjoy it.

My old man had a Theoben when he was younger and says you wont find better quality.

Happy days i'm jealous!

p.s - how long have you got to wait.........ha ha

You won't get better than a Theoben rifle the quality is outstanding on these rifles. As for the wait from now it's 18 days from today ha ha :D

18 days 7 hrs 26 mins 17 secs?

Something like that :laugh: I still have other guns to shoot and many interests to keep me occupied so time will fly past for me. It will be the last day that will seem the longest :censored: in the waiting game, but as they say "the best comes to those who wait" ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could have shot a target in his garden or something like that aye Jasper :D I'm not convinced with his scope either 4x32 is only good for something like the ratcatchers. With .177 Theobens being able to take quarry cleanly at 50 yards, you'll need a bit more scope power than that :icon_eek:

On my S-TYPE I'll be using a JSR 6-24x50 Illuminated milldot reticle with PX PRO adjustment. These scopes are really good for their money as I use the 3-9x50 version on my King Ratcatcher. If I upgrade the scope in the future I will probably go for something with a 30mm tube and similar spec to the JSR....

A lad recomended that I get one of Ramsbottoms scopes a few years ago but I still went ahead and got one of the Tasco Mill dot jobbies. since then I have heard nothing but good things about the JSR scopes....

Mr Ramsbottom has been about for a good few years now, I would think he knows exactly what most Airgunners want these days. Infact I think he was going when I was a young avid Airgun world reader when John Darling, Rod Lynton and Geofrey Boxall was doing the tests on the Springers back then. I remember when BSA did the treble one year with the Meteor winning the plinkers section, The Airsporter S and the Mercury S both coming in tops in the hunters section, those were the days hey mate :thumbs:, makes me feel a bit old it does :laugh:...

atb

Jasp

I agree fully Jasper for the money spent on these scopes they are pretty damn good. If I wanted anything with the same spec as the JSR 6-24x50 Illuminated milldot reticle PX PRO, then you could be spending anything from £200-£300 easily. Now as this scope only cost £89.95 well all I can say is it's real value :thumbs:

I agree fully Jasper for the money spent on these scopes they are pretty damn good. If I wanted anything with the same spec as the JSR 6-24x50 Illuminated milldot reticle PX PRO, then you could be spending anything from £200-£300 easily. Now as this scope only cost £89.95 well all I can say is it's real value :thumbs:

post-17503-1224193322_thumb.jpg

you cant beat a theoben mate with a 300 pound scope on it trust me :gunsmilie:

Nice MFR you have there wats :thumbs: as I said if I want to look for a more expensive scope I'll be looking for a 30mm tube. These JSR scopes hold true zero very well so it will good enough for now, there's no signs of chromatic abberation at the highest magnification and you can clearly see everything on full mag up to 10 yards. On the lowest magnification even closer both mags go right out to infinity just fine on the parrallax adjuster, so for £89.95 you won't find a better scope for that price

Nice MFR you have there wats :thumbs: as I said if I want to look for a more expensive scope I'll be looking for a 30mm tube. These JSR scopes hold true zero very well so it will good enough for now, there's no signs of chromatic abberation at the highest magnification and you can clearly see everything on full mag up to 10 yards. On the lowest magnification even closer both mags go right out to infinity just fine on the parrallax adjuster, so for £89.95 you won't find a better scope for that price

:thumbs: i got it cause its got top dollar lenses in it simmons aetec good luck with the s type you wont be dissapointed mate :gunsmilie:

:thumbs: i got it cause its got top dollar lenses in it simmons aetec good luck with the s type you wont be dissapointed mate :gunsmilie:

When I had my MK I 12/200 Theoben I used to have a Simmons 3.5-10x50 Whitetail classic so I know the quality of the Simmons lenses only too well. I will say that these JSR's are almost on par in lens quality compared to the Simmons scopes :thumbs:

Thanks for the reaasurance on the S-TYPE too I'm totally over the moon now it's ordered, and I know it's gonna shoot like a dream as do all Theobens. I've just finished fitting a steel gun cabinet in the house so it can be locked away safely too, all I have to do now is just wait for it to be built by Theoben and shipped out to my local gun shop :thumbs:

If and when I upgrade my scope on my S-TYPE then as I said it will have a 30mm tube for more light gathering and sniper style turrets just like the JSR's. It must have an illuminated reticle and a side parallax system. I was surfing about and came across Hawkes latest scope THE HAWKE SIDEWINDER 30

It ticks all the boxes for me and the price for such a scope is pretty good too. Once you've had a look at the link above please tell me what you think :)

Very nice Timelord :clapper:. the HK4004 3-12x50 SR 6 does it for me I must admit! a scope I can drop down low in mag for low light use can be handy...

I had a old scope made by Tasco a few years back which was AG 1.75 - 5 x 40, its light gathering qualities was pretty good but obviousley not like some of the scopes these days....

cheers

Jasp

Very nice Timelord :clapper:. the HK4004 3-12x50 SR 6 does it for me I must admit! a scope I can drop down low in mag for low light use can be handy...

I had a old scope made by Tasco a few years back which was AG 1.75 - 5 x 40, its light gathering qualities was pretty good but obviousley not like some of the scopes these days....

cheers

Jasp

Most definatley Jasper these scopes look the business and I'm more leaning towards the HK4012 6-24x56 SR 12 at £269. I know that Hawke are excellent scopes for light gathering in low light conditions and lamping use too ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well Theoben have come through and today I've been told I should be picking my S-TYPE up :D

Once I've zeroed and had a play etc I'll pop a pic or two up. Give me about a week or so and I'll post a review on it. For now I'm waiting on the call from the gun shop to say it's arrived ;)