lamping harris hawks

hawkman

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Section 5 (1)(e) of the W&CA 1981 states ........... If any person uses a mechanically propelled vehicle in pursuit of a wild bird for the purpose of killing or taking that bird, they shall be guilty of an offence.

Please note the act does not say on a public road, in a field or on a country track, it applies to anywhere within the UK.

Section 5 (1)(e) of the W&CA 1981 states ........... If any person uses a mechanically propelled vehicle in pursuit of a wild bird for the purpose of killing or taking that bird, they shall be guilty of an offence.

Please note the act does not say on a public road, in a field or on a country track, it applies to anywhere within the UK.

who said out about catching birds had 47 rabbits in last week and a half best way to hunt live a little man :drink:

Im not even going to go there mate. :no: 1st year HH falconer know it all :hmm:

I am not qualified to give legal advice, but I suggest those interested refer to, and read fully, the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. {Section 5. 1 9e)}

I suggest it comes down to the words " subject to the provisions", and "authorised person".

If hawking from a mechanicaly propelled vehicle, by an authorised person in immediate pursuit of legal quarry is illegal, then so is shooting lamped rabbits/foxes with or without a vehicle, snares, and netting rabbits, as those same words prefix the relevent section in the Act.{ Section11. 2. (a >e) }

Have you heard of any prosecutions under WACA 1981 for the above, when carried out by authorised persons? I know as a certainty that numerous complaints are made about night shooting rabbits and foxes, ( Honestly officer I thought war had broke out!) but has there been a multitude of prosecutions under WaCA?

Incedentaly, hawking from a vehicle may, in the honestly held belief of some, bring falconry into disrepute, and they may also believe it could bring about the end of falconry.

Has lamping rabbits done the same for shooting since 1981?

It is certainly more noticable and with greater effect on residents, than hawking from a vehicle, but I do not hear it being used to beat the shooters. Food for thought.

Here is a link to the Act. http://www.jncc.gov.uk/PDF/waca1981_part1.pdf

Edited by SPAR

I tell you what sunshine when or if you ever come to Norfolk PM me and I will be more than happy to take you out flying and do some real hawking :thumbs: with my budgie's :feck: cant be more fairer than that.

Edited by SPAR
I tell you what sunshine when or if you ever come to Norfolk PM me and I will be more than happy to take you out flying and do some real hawking :thumbs: with my budgie's :feck: cant be more fairer than that.

sorry about the abuse mate i think weve got off on the wrong start i thought you were taking the piss iv had a few drinks lets start again cheers for the advice mate i dident no it was illeagal :thumbs:

Ya learn something new every day :thumbs: