outing again

bullet

today saw me and horris having a few hours on the moors, when we arrived there were 3 grouse sitting out, tried my bird on one but he struggled abit with the wind and hit me like a ton of bricks on the recall! horris managed to kick up a hare, his female was hot on it, i slipped my male to join in, both birds worked well at it, but it still escaped! the second hare horris kicked up his female had a great dive on it,but all was left was a feet full of white fur! now i will say these hare's know what they are doing and its a credit to they on how they survive, this was the first time horris had seen white hares

he plans to return with a gos next time :thumbs:

on the way back horris tried on a pheasant with his female, she put in a good flight but the phezzie managed to make its escape

we then called on a farm which i see everyweek with a few bunnies sitting out, permission was granted and of we went to see whats what, a bunnie shot off around a barn, both birds shot off after it but with the cover it was hard for them to get it, horris female just missed it, next one that got up both birds tried again together but the bunnie made short work and found a hole in a oak tree!

we found a fair few setts ready to return with the ferts at a later date, as i got back to my motor i saw horris walking around the farm buildings, i shouted to let him know where i was, after a min or two i just heard him yelling to me, i couldnt make out whats wrong with him, it looked as if he was stuck, so i shouted let me get my cam, but then i realised he was in serious shit! proper shit! he'd stepped it to a sileage pitt that was about 10ft deep! :sick: :bad:

i ran over and managed to free him, then i got the farmer to rig up a hose so horris could wash him self down

i must admit it was funny but it could of been serious if he was alone, i dont know how he managed to find a hold to keep up,

and only i laughed at him as i knew if it was me he'd have laughted too :victory:

just these pics today

DSCF2365.jpg

horris looking for his female after chasing a phezzie

DSCF2366.jpg

why have a dog and bark yourself!

DSCF2368.jpg

bird with a cold arse

Edited by bullet

well done lads, looks like it was a good start but a sh*t ending :laugh: nice pics too keep um coming .

regards wag :thumbs:

nice one wag, cant stop grinning here :laugh:

its funny now :no::doh: but at the time a shit me self i was just sinkin and with bullet bein deff as a post took him ages see me but i still here 2 hawk another day ps [bANNED TEXT] we goin up the moors agen cus am havin 1 of them hares this time :gunsmilie:

well done lads, looks like it was a good start but a sh*t ending :laugh: nice pics too keep um coming .

regards wag :thumbs:

nice one wag, cant stop grinning here :laugh:

its funny now :no::doh: but at the time a shit me self i was just sinkin and with bullet bein deff as a post took him ages see me but i still here 2 hawk another day ps [bANNED TEXT] we goin up the moors agen cus am havin 1 of them hares this time :gunsmilie:

you feeling lucky? - muck for luck :toast::laugh::feck::tongue2::victory: