37 replies to this topic

#31 allgame

allgame

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:26 am

also theres no use lugging up on the back legs that no good for anyone or the dogs things r only ganna get hurt and if u eat the pig or sell it it will wreck the meat

#32 potstillgold

potstillgold

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:45 am

i belive a good staghound can do anything but you cant stick a pig if the dogs havnt got a hold of it and if the dog lets go just befor your about to stick it then your only seconds away from getting a tusk through the legs miles from anywhere all in all if a dog wont lugg up then it anit worth nothin to any seriouse pig hunter

also theres no use lugging up on the back legs that no good for anyone or the dogs things r only ganna get hurt and if u eat the pig or sell it it will wreck the meat

No truer words said, allgame :thumbs:

You running, Staghounds?

#33 allgame

allgame

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:21 am

ya mate got a bloody good one as hard smart plaicid and fast as they come never put him on a pig but he happly nocks over roo deer and fox on his own and iv hunted with alot of awsome pig dogs bull arabs and bully greys mostly but id happily put him up agianst anything

#34 Mitch

Mitch

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:47 am

i belive a good staghound can do anything but you cant stick a pig if the dogs havnt got a hold of it and if the dog lets go just befor your about to stick it then your only seconds away from getting a tusk through the legs miles from anywhere all in all if a dog wont lugg up then it anit worth nothin to any seriouse pig hunter

The Deerhound had hold of that pig long enough to run in and grab the backlegs and flip it, then it could of been stuck. And i never said I was a serious pig hunter

#35 allgame

allgame

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:00 am

ya fairenough mate im not a pighunter ethier, id just hate for a dog to let go and cop a tusk in the leg in the middel of nowhere so just be carfull matey

#36 potstillgold

potstillgold

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:55 am

ya mate got a bloody good one as hard smart plaicid and fast as they come never put him on a pig but he happly nocks over roo deer and fox on his own and iv hunted with alot of awsome pig dogs bull arabs and bully greys mostly but id happily put him up agianst anything

Can't fault you. I bought one for a friend in NZ with plans on using him later. Got him from fantastic stock (hunting, highly conformant) from a great guy down in Melbourne. Fella is called Kesper and kennel is Mapleridge. He hunts fox, 'roos etc.

cheers :clapper:

#37 holy grail

holy grail

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:04 am

i honestly didnt know that deerhounds were any good as pig dogs. theres a roofer who is currently working on my house. hes a pigger and wants to breed his bitch of some breed with my deerhound dog. whats a good cross of a deery for pigging??? :hmm:

#38 holy grail

holy grail

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:08 am

Can't fault you. I bought one for a friend in NZ with plans on using him later. Got him from fantastic stock (hunting, highly conformant) from a great guy down in Melbourne. Fella is called Kesper and kennel is Mapleridge. He hunts fox, 'roos etc.

cheers http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...
no shit mate. ive just got a deerhound who's bred from a Mapliridge dog and a Belaiche Bitch. he's a bloody ripper. :victory:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users