Harris hawk training

Jarrod

ferret tracker about £120

falconry telem about £500

ferret about £5-10

have you ever even been out hunting with a harris is so try doing that before commiting to a bird and finding you not for you and another bird in the for -sale section

Yhyh been out with a mate a few times and i have sorted everythink out got everythink i need ect telemetry but sorted the land out i live in westyorkshire there is loads places and i have written permition and i am getting my female harris in july she hached last week

How would i find her flying and hunting weight ?

Yhyh been out with a mate a few times and i have sorted everythink out got everythink i need ect telemetry but sorted the land out i live in westyorkshire there is loads places and i have written permition and i am getting my female harris in july she hached last week

How would i find her flying and hunting weight ?

If you have been out with a mate then he should guide you on the manning and training of your bird as a mentor because you are asking basic questions on an open forum that most people will have similar but differing stand points on these things.

Flying weight is a very individual bird specific thing and also varies on what you are trying to achieve with your bird I have known females fly at weights from as low as 1lb 14.5 oz upto as high as 2lb 6oz hunting. I must state here they were not the same bird.

Things that effect flying weight

Age/Experience

Fitness

Size of bird (large small etc)

Weather conditions (cold weather you can fly at higher weights due to food usage for warmth)

Is the bird going up or coming down in weight

what are you flying for hunting or exercise

Personality

Edited by CityHunter.uK

if you dont know how to find the weight ect dont get a bird until you do or there could be another messed up harris in the forsale section ,far to many are buying birds and not got a clue how to manage them ect

and another breeder more bothered about money than experiance

Edited by grovsey

I would not get the hh if i dont no all areas that are needed i want the best for the hh i get so only when i no what to do will i buy her Just lookin for a mentor in greater manchester or westyorkshire