sal/greyxbull/grey found out not so easy in the day time

Had a hour and a bit bushing me and my 7yo son, we set out at 5 pm with the springer and the 2 pups the sal/greyxbull/grey tara 8+ months

and the salxgrey delta 6months (kept on the lead ) we got back in just before 7! anyway heres my post seen that i've not posted for a while!

well in this field that is total wank for any game apart for roe & fox at night, we had a walk up, springer doing her thing smashing cover like no tomorrow, had tara off the slip running lose, out pops a bunny shouted and long arm stretched out to point her on, she see it bang off she go's , lots of winny bushes so new the rabbit would be off for good, after that tara was up and down the winnys following the sound of the springer waiting for a bunny to pop out after about 10 mins or so one did and tara was right on it but it made cover before she could strike, but she pulled up a bit and smashed into the cover after it she came back with out it, so off we go walking the same field then i spot a big roe buck lucky before the dogs did called them in and scattered it away,we waited till it was well away down the woods, walked up to where the buck was the springer is still bashing cover, by now tara looks like she'd being doing this for years, and was in the right place at the right time bang out jumps a bunny sees tara and i mean jumped up trying to get over her she jumped strikes at it inches away for her mouth, hits the ground running with tara up its arse running along the fence line tara hugged the fence line as much as she could , the bunny tried to take a right turn 2/3 times in the gaps in the fence, but tara was blocking it, both me and the son is saying to each other this is hers and bang the little bugger took her right upto the top of the field where the fence is 6ft+ but it tuns on the other side of the fence running back down tara runs the same i shouted get on Tess

(Tess the 19month old pup who killed her self just on a walk in the field the back of my house in September last year)

Anyway over tara go's by the time she got near it, it was down its hole and missed!

gutted but i'm happy with how she's doing as she's only ran 2 rabbits on the lamp when she was just 5 days shy of 8month she court 1 out of the 2 that time, strait back to hand live!

i was so happy i forgot to kill the rabbit 1st before i started to praising her, and it dug its feet/nail into my finger and leaped out of my hand to cover...lol! hurt like hell , it felt like i'd be cut with a Stanley blade,

watching tara was just like watching tess, do or die and hart stopping for me..lol!

she's a racy bitch look's just like her dam, and game as fook,

but with a lot of sense

i ran both pups from 12weeks in the woods with big pot holes everywhere the ruff'ist ground i could find round fences, the farm scrap yard sort of thing, so they understand the dangers out their

and so far it seams to be paying off!

delta was on the lead when we hit on game but watched the lot and was wanting a go!

cheers lads never made it out last night as, i had to finish off a few lure machines, just the last coat of paint , then i thort right time to go, but the other half dragged me in the house to help her sort bits and bobs round the house, and sort the boys room out, as it looked like a bomb had hit it, little buggers... it's always the 2year olds fault when i ask jr graham..lol

anyway by the time that was done it was 9pm wanted to do an hour on the lamp but it takes that to get to where theirs some good land to run on with lot's of game on, thats ideal for starting pup's on!

if it cools down the night i'm off out, think it'l have to be a lamp jobs as its like a cooker out side now..lol!

but i've got a week off this week apart from rebuilding the top end of the compresses and sort the work shop out a bit!

still got to sort the quad out after the crash on boxing day, can still use it just got to fix the head light back on and sort out the front bull bars out!

the two pup's

P1010108.jpg

all 3 of them

P1010096.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...