Athena diary

Parabuteos lad

well after reading gilly's thread on his harrises i have decided to do one on my P/r female goshawk who i picked up, untouched for a mere £500 xD her fat weight is 3lb 5oz and her flying weight so far appears to be 2lb 8 3/8oz. i only got her just over a week ago and she is now on the creance, solid around my dog, chickens and is fine around traffic. my original plan was to wake her, but it just isn't necessary.

she will be the second bird i have trained this year as i did have a gyrxsaker who, unfortunatly decided to chase pigeons for miles everytime we flew, this became a burden and took all the fun out of falconry so i made the hard decision to sell him :( i sold it to a man for 425 because he wanted to use a courier so i lowered the price for him, today that same bird is on birdtrader for 650, rather miffed but hey ho.

this gos will be flown at mainly game, but also duck, hare, crow and a few rabbits.

there will probably not be any updates on this until i get her going as i dont want to bore you all, or get bored of doing the thread myself.

well after reading gilly's thread on his harrises i have decided to do one on my P/r female goshawk who i picked up, untouched for a mere £500 xD her fat weight is 3lb 5oz and her flying weight so far appears to be 2lb 8 3/8oz. i only got her just over a week ago and she is now on the creance, solid around my dog, chickens and is fine around traffic. my original plan was to wake her, but it just isn't necessary.

she will be the second bird i have trained this year as i did have a gyrxsaker who, unfortunatly decided to chase pigeons for miles everytime we flew, this became a burden and took all the fun out of falconry so i made the hard decision to sell him :( i sold it to a man for 425 because he wanted to use a courier so i lowered the price for him, today that same bird is on birdtrader for 650, rather miffed but hey ho.

this gos will be flown at mainly game, but also duck, hare, crow and a few rabbits.

there will probably not be any updates on this until i get her going as i dont want to bore you all, or get bored of doing the thread myself.

are you saying its dropped near on 13 oz's in a week and you have already found its flying weight in this time :icon_eek: ? or have I read the post wrong and its untouched this year but been flown before and the previouse owner told you its flying weight and fat weight?

this years bird, i actually got her coming on 2 weeks now and the breeder started dropping her for me four days before collecting. i havent found her actual flying weight but when jumping she comes at a more responsive speed at 2lb 8 3/8 oz. i dont usually find her actual flying weight until a birds going properly on the creance.

hope this has clarified it :/