Axe

jasper65

Pulled the male I kept back today at 12 weeks, wish I could have left him longer due to reasons beyond my control but he has already pressed the the self destuct button on his tail feathers so he had to come out.

stuck a Hood on as you do, sprayed him down and let him settle before sticking him on the scales. thankfully I havn't got a huge Willy or I could say he came out nearly 3lb :whistling:. Unfortunately he only weighed a mere 2lb 1/4 :huh:. thats fooked me right up as I was hopeing to take Hares and geese with him :D.

seriously! he is a nice sensible bird compared to some and took the hood well compared to some. its surpriseing what a nice fitting Hood can do to a stressed out bird straight out of the aviary.

couldn't think what to call him, I liked Trevor or Philip but decided on Axel! "Axe" for short. I'm now off to catch somthing with him :laugh:

Jasp

post-251-0-03790700-1313771452_thumb.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice male jasper! Give me parent reared over imprint anyday! His he out of same parents as the male I ad from you?

what a looker skin that is one hard looking bird mate all its missing is a pair of 14 hole cherry reds

Posted Images

Nice one Boycey :thumbs:. this one is off a loaned C Bramhald female which belongs to a pal, Your bird was definitely bigger than this one mate off the old B Haddon line.

the B Haddon female only layed one eggs this year and stopped, she lays some monsters with this egg weighing slightly over 82grms! hopefully she will be back on track next season.

He looks a cracker,best of luck with him.

Nice one pal :thumbs: , I don't think he'll be much of a problem! He's a nice sensible bird in every way, He Hoods well for a bird out of the aviary only two days which will only get better, the only downside is he has took the tips off a few tail feathers while in the aviary, I have a full tail here virtually ready to be imped in but I don't think I'll bother.

Good stuff matey.. :thumbs: and he seem's to of come out a nice size.. i cant wait to see him on them pheasant and bunnies..Genghis will be out soon and i will have to have a trip down your way for a bit of sport.. :victory: .

He's behaving like a true P/R Goshawk at the momet, Full of hate for everyone :D. as you know they seem to get wilder a few days after being taken up, the shock at the start makes them seem steady at first until he they tag on whats going on.

1lb 12 1/2 today and took two good last years cock Pheasants in flight with him this morning! cracking flights mate you would have loved them :whistling:,. funny what a few whiskeys and sloe gin can do to the old swede mate :laugh:

Here's one of the Gayboy taken yesterday.

give you a bell soon, Jasp

post-251-0-79655300-1314018638_thumb.jpg

He's a good sensible boy Rickardo :thumbs: , he has his times when he remembers he is a Goshawk but I reckon thats part and parcel of taking up a nice arsey P/R Gos. I won't be doing a diary on him mate but will keep updates on him from time to time like when he takes his first sheep or red deer :D

Jasp

• 2 weeks later...

a couple of my little lad going through one of his manning sessions, he has his moments but ain't it nice when they know they Goshawks :D, then again he likes his Hood which always helps. 1lb 10 3/4's today and keen as mustard.

I have now changed his name to "Philip" he looks a philip so thats now what he called :tongue2: .

Jasp

post-251-0-29312600-1315148115_thumb.jpg

post-251-0-63738200-1315148136_thumb.jpg

Phillip.. :laugh: ...he seem's to be coming on a treat mate..them pigeon wing's are brilliant for when you are doing the manning..wont be long now till he is loose.. :boogy:

as you jknow them and other tirings have always been the backbone to all my manning sessions :thumbs:,

still fascinates me how some people prefer to man them hanging upside down straight out of the aviary mate :D .

• 3 weeks later...

Well my boy has come on in fits and starts since taking him up but now tittering on his first maiden flight, he still needs a little more manning but this will come when he is loose with some more work, apart from that he's a diamond.

He Hoods well and excepts most things aswel as other people around him, he excepts my dogs but still has a bate or two when the posty arrives in his van :D. stuck him on the creance yesterday and couldn't get a few steps before he was on me, got the missus to hold him today while I moved out around 30ft and he was instant each time, finished him off on the rest of his rations.

the good thing is he hangs off his bow perch each time I walk into the garden! he knows where he wants to be. a couple of pictures the missus took earlier after the end of his trainning session.

post-251-0-50748300-1316633636_thumb.jpg

a couple of my little lad going through one of his manning sessions, he has his moments but ain't it nice when they know they Goshawks :D, then again he likes his Hood which always helps. 1lb 10 3/4's today and keen as mustard.

I have now changed his name to "Philip" he looks a philip so thats now what he called :tongue2: .

Jasp

what a looker skin that is one hard looking bird mate all its missing is a pair of 14 hole cherry reds :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1