whats the best type of dogs to bore hunt with

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi shanedog

Black dog staghound all deerhound/greyhound blood

middle dog pur ridgeback

red brindle belongs to a mate he is stag/greyhoundxwhippet/bullygreyhound 7mnths old and hunted real well with my to.

Stevemac

Guest NZLurcherman
Hi shanedog

Black dog staghound all deerhound/greyhound blood

middle dog pur ridgeback

red brindle belongs to a mate he is stag/greyhoundxwhippet/bullygreyhound 7mnths old and hunted real well with my to.

Stevemac

Steve,

Like the look of Brindle Dog, he is real nice my type of dog being a "Lurcher" lover. I posted a photo of mine with a pig smaller I suppose than your one and was told that I would be laughed off the "Boardogs" site because of the size, because everyone knows that most pighunters catch 190 200 pounds everytime.

This from someone who has no pigs in his country :laugh::laugh:

I was purely using it because it had a good photo of my dogs. Do you run chest plates on Greyhoundy type dogs, I have a collar on mine only? Be interested in learning what make you consider best.

Cheers NZLurcherman. :thumbs-up:

Guest NZLurcherman

SDog,

Good photos mate, even if the one of the dogs on the ridge was posed LOL Great country mate hell easy compared to the "Tiger" country further south :laugh:

They a good pack of hounds mate, nice to see dogs in good nick :thumbs-up:

Guest NZLurcherman

Hopefully these photos come out, never seem to be very succesful with these. This pig was around 85 pounds gutted which I got with a young guy who came over from Wales to go on a hunt, bit of an eye opener the blackberries he had to go through LOL.

501054.jpg

NZLurcherman.

Hopefully these photos come out, never seem to be very succesful with these. This pig was around 85 pounds gutted which I got with a young guy who came over from Wales to go on a hunt, bit of an eye opener the blackberries he had to go through LOL.

501054.jpg

NZLurcherman.

hi stevemac

the brindle dog is 9 months matel ess 2 weeks in that pic by the way he played a good part in a nice boar on the weekend o yer it was the one you missed last week a real little fighter and no holding dogs aroumd, my deerhound hit it hard on the ear dragged it around a bit then let go and bailed it as usual getting a puncture in the ribs for her trouble

Hi Skip

Yes mate I'd like that dog in my kennels reccon he will be a real cracker then when he is a bit older, By the way I hear you had to do a bit of the gysie two step when the dogs let go that boar, james couldn't stop laughing when he was telling me.

G'day lurcherman and shanedog

Looks like you both have a nice set of hounds each its great to see a good set of hounds doing what they are ment to do.

Stevemac

Hi Skip

Yes mate I'd like that dog in my kennels reccon he will be a real cracker then when he is a bit older, By the way I hear you had to do a bit of the gysie two step when the dogs let go that boar, james couldn't stop laughing when he was telling me.

G'day lurcherman and shanedog

Looks like you both have a nice set of hounds each its great to see a good set of hounds doing what they are ment to do.

Stevemac

YER STEVE NOT A BAD SHUFFLE FOR AN OLD FELLA I WAS LOOKING FOR A YOUNGSTER WITH A BOW AND ARROW

TOM

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NZLurcherman

Hey Shane,

Having trouble with downloading photos on to photo bucket, I think they maybe too big do you size yours before hand? So there's no bailing going on with your dogs then? Got new chest plate from Basalt is much more suitable than other one for my use.

th_SwaziTHEMAN.jpg

$1500 worth of damage and a very unhappy wife :angry::angry: At least she was there and didn't have to sweat waiting till I got home :(

NZLurcherman.