mink traps

Guest diesel

Guest diesel

just started setting a thew traps over summer with a mate .... i was just wondering were are the best place to set mink traps.... etc.... which traps do you find the best to use.... :D

There's a few boys over the water that I am pally with and they use lengths of pipe dug into a bank vertically, with the bottom sealed and baited with whatevers handy, usually fish guts/heads. The mink gets in and can't get out again....surprising what you find when you're out checking them :11:

Gang set your traps at any bridges along your trap line.Use "body grip 116s" or "fenn MK6s".Set a trap at each corner of the bridge and you will pick plenty of mink up.It will also pay to set traps higher up the banks as back up sets incase of any floods.

I have found that blind sets are by far the most effective and i rarely bait them, but i do keep the soil turned over and fresh out side of the sets which really attracts the mink.

Snaring the mink is also deadly and much cheaper if you have to start from scratch!Tie your snares to drags so the mink can dround itself,or he may brake your cable!!!!!.....