Where have all the big bucks gone!

In the month of April we shoot some big bucks out in the open fields. Once May starts they retreat back to the woods where there is new growth and then you have to get "up close and personal" in about the cover or woods edge. Once June is here the cover in the woods is too tall and you have to be pretty lucky to get onto a big fella, they get smarter with age! :thumbs: The next chance is the rut or on newly cut fields in late summer.

This is the best example of a very old buck going back that I have in my pictures. A heavy skull and thick stumpy antlers that weighed in at 525g dry.

2433713269_d61954b0d9.jpg

Main beams fused together.

2436373056_aace117ebc.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

Thank you guys, for all of your advise. I was out this morning and saw another young buck with a doe which took off into the rape, never to be seen again! Cover was so thick in all of the woodland belts and hedges i could have been ten feet from a buck and still not seen one, will wait until the rut now and hope to get some on the 2nd cut silage ground. Happy hunting.