3/4 finnish male imprint

Seen a few people have posted pictures on there new Accipiter's, so thought i would share my new goshawk,

At 33 days old he weighed 1lb 13oz empty crop and casted. he's staying around the 1lb 13oz mark empty.

Duce is 50 days old and not far off hard pen, and was good as gold before about 45 days old, he's in the teen age stage and trying his luck, and showing signs of aggression but if i stand my ground and not show signs of weakness hes fine and will let me help him feed on the lure,

he's on 2 meals a day, one meal on the lure and second meal next to lure so he doesnt become possesive of the lure to much.

064.jpg

duce003.jpg

duce051.jpg

duce061.jpg

he's about 42 days old in these bottom pictures

Edited by welsh-dragon

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a Imprint finn male which will be a future donor! probably will be loaned out for flying and brought back in a year or so. Not a good picture but he's off some good stuff! I'm pretty sure he's making a good weight but still a week or two off penning yet.....

post-251-1247413873_thumb.jpg

cheers thanks,

yes thats the guy, spoke to a few people and they had good things to say about his goshawks, and some true flying weights to.

thats looks a good strong finnish gos, some lucky bugger is going to have a good season, do you loan them out to prove themselfs in the field before they go into a breeding program.

cheers

Edited by welsh-dragon
cheers thanks,

yes thats the guy, spoke to a few people and they had good things to say about his goshawks, and some true flying weights to.

cheers

Darrens a good gennuine guy WD! you won't go far wrong having a bird off him, the father to that bird you have there is a lovely size bird too :thumbs:......

Jasp

He seemed a genuine guy jasp, and could of really sold the goshawks as full finnish but was straight up.

cheers

j

You're right J! some of the more crafty breeders would have done so which is why alot of the pure finn stuff these days aren't quite what it says on the label, one lad showed me a so called pure finn male he brought a couple of years back which was short in the tail and toe and basically not making the stamp in all departments, he paid £850 for the bird which looked more Euro than anything else...

You won't go far wrong there! its genuinly exactly what it says on the tin with that bird you have off Darren...

Jasper

He seemed a genuine guy jasp, and could of really sold the goshawks as full finnish but was straight up.

cheers

j

You're right J! some of the more crafty breeders would have done so which is why alot of the pure finn stuff these days aren't quite what it says on the label, one lad showed me a so called pure finn male he brought a couple of years back which was short in the tail and toe and basically not making the stamp in all departments, he paid £850 for the bird which looked more Euro than anything else...

You won't go far wrong there! its genuinly exactly what it says on the tin with that bird you have off Darren...

Jasper

Yes ive even heard of breeders selling 50/50 goshawks as pure, sad really as they spoil the future of the breed they dont see that, and in the end they will get come backs as word gets round when these birds dont make the weight and some people are paying for that..

Thanks N E

cheers

j

Edited by welsh-dragon
Seen a few people have posted pictures on there new Accipiter's, so thought i would share my new goshawk,

At 33 days old he weighed 1lb 13oz empty crop and casted. he's staying around the 1lb 13oz mark empty.

Duce is 50 days old and not far off hard pen, and was good as gold before about 45 days old, he's in the teen age stage and trying his luck, and showing signs of aggression but if i stand my ground and not show signs of weakness hes fine and will let me help him feed on the lure,

he's on 2 meals a day, one meal on the lure and second meal next to lure so he doesnt become possesive of the lure to much.

064.jpg

duce003.jpg

duce051.jpg

duce061.jpg

he's about 42 days old in these bottom pictures

crackin birds mate all the best with them carl ;)

Duce is about a week to week and half from hard penning,

so ive started a slow weight reducion,

this morning i missed his morining feed out and took him to he new hunting ground to feed up on the lure, and check his recall.

put the transmitter on him and casted him off, he didnt got far i knew he was just under top weight, and he sat in a tree for about 15mins, preduced the lure to him and he wasnt bother to take it, hes weight was 1lb 12 3/4.

Put my hand up to the tree and got him onto the glove,

and took a walk, and just infront of me in the long grass a hare got up, he didnt bate but plenty of head bobbing,

let him have a fly around for 5mins he was staying close flew about 40 yards away and landed in a post

picked him up and off to the next field 2 rabbits got up so i throught what the hell and slipped him just to see what he would do, first time hes seen a live full rabbit, he give chase and peeled off after about 20 yards ideal !!!!

slow weight reducion over the next week and check his lure recall twice aday now..

cheers