new mh

hawk1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I never used telemetry when i first started as it would have cost me about 5 years worth of pocket money at the time! lol saying that you only have to use it once to get your bird back and its paid for itself there and then, wouldnt let any of my birds loose now without a tag on, doesnt matter how good a falconer you are or how reliable the bird is you will loose it eventually and the telemetry is your insurance policy, my advice to anyone starting out who mights struggle to afford a full set is to even just buy a transmitter that way worst case scenario you can borrow a receiver should the worst happen untill you can afford your own.

Foxy

cant agree more billy nothing worse than see your bird take one last look at you then bugger off lol.. this year i am taking no chances especialy with the red hes getting a bit of a head on himself . what kind of telem do you recomend billy been looking at a full set up from ben long .

I use a falconry electronics set, TRX-3S reciever and 30 mile merlin transmitters, adding a couple of marshal transmitters shortly aswell, speak to Eddie at falconry electronics he will recommend a good set to suit your needs and his customer service is fantastic

I use a falconry electronics set, TRX-3S reciever and 30 mile merlin transmitters, adding a couple of marshal transmitters shortly aswell, speak to Eddie at falconry electronics he will recommend a good set to suit your needs and his customer service is fantastic

thanks billy should be getting my compo shortly will give him a call

been getting some stick on another forum saying i am rushing with training him hes 14 weeks totally steady and flying to the fist at 1lb 9 .personally i cant see any problem in bulding musle up in him .. what does everyone else think .

been getting some stick on another forum saying i am rushing with training him hes 14 weeks totally steady and flying to the fist at 1lb 9 .personally i cant see any problem in bulding musle up in him .. what does everyone else think .

Just take it nice and steady. I can't see anything wrong with getting a young bird flying free. Then comes the fittness training just don't be in to much of a rush to enter him! You shouldn't need telling this anyway, Don't you fly a Redtail? The other forum wouldn't be the IFF by any chance?

cheers rob im in no rush to get him entered just a bit of exercise for him i havent hit him down in weight hes flying to the glove at 1lb9/1lb10 . yes ive got the red hes still got a few feathers to drop but looking good cant wait to get him back on the hares ,needs a good cope not looking forward to that :boxing:

atb steven

• 2 weeks later...

he now has a name ive called him teal ,he is now flying free at 1lb8 1/2 and hitting dummy bunny hard im really happy with him so looks like my season starts a bit early going out on saturday on one of my permissions not many trees so i shouldnt lose him in cover

he now has a name ive called him teal ,he is now flying free at 1lb8 1/2 and hitting dummy bunny hard im really happy with him so looks like my season starts a bit early going out on saturday on one of my permissions not many trees so i shouldnt lose him in cover

Good luck with him.Bet your wishing the week away!! :)

Good luck with him.Bet your wishing the week away!! :)

looking forward to it mate just hope the weather is ok just hope he does the job

atb steven

• 3 weeks later...