lab bitch 2 1/2 yr old

my lab bitch had an accidental mating when she was 1 1/2 and has since had a season after she turned 2, she is not due in again till august time but about 2 weeks ago i noticed her bits were swelled but no blood so i thought nothing of it now its went back to its normal size she is standing for any dog that goes near her and bending her tail round but if a dog tries to put it in she cries and snaps.........i was just wondering why this was and is there such thing as a phantom season

cheers in advance for any replies

my lab bitch had an accidental mating when she was 1 1/2 and has since had a season after she turned 2, she is not due in again till august time but about 2 weeks ago i noticed her bits were swelled but no blood so i thought nothing of it now its went back to its normal size she is standing for any dog that goes near her and bending her tail round but if a dog tries to put it in she cries and snaps.........i was just wondering why this was and is there such thing as a phantom season

cheers in advance for any replies

it sounds to me that she may be in season and have an infection in the womb

ide get her to the vets asap as womb infections kill

i know this first hand

steve