chicken wings or no chicken wings

Anyway i was going to add a couple of chicken wings/carcusses in to her diet but the vets says NO and i have read different things on this site some say yes some say no.

so what do uses think wings or no wings and has anyone had first hand experience of a dog getting sick because they were feed wings/bones ect. any other diet advice welcome.

The nutritional training vets receive in college is based on complete kibble, the young uns don't have a clue about feeding dogs anything other than processed food. I have changed vets umpteen times because of arguments about raw feeding :angry:

I was advised to have my 18 month old Akita down because he had awful food allergies, his kidneys and liver were showing signs of failing, open sores, weeping ears and eyes etc. There was not a single food on the market that did not bring him out in a reaction he was constantly on steroids. I changed him to raw back then and now at 13 years old he is still alive and kicking and not needing any medications. The other dogs are fed a mix of kibble and raw and any pups i breed are weaned onto raw food and only get kibble at 6-8 weeks old for the first time. I have had only one scary incident where he tried to swallow a whole chicken (he is a big dog :blink: ) because he thought the other one was after it, other than that no incidents.

Setter

i had a friend who had an akita once , it give him a scare once too (it tried to eat the postman whole) lol lovely dog none the less. but i am diffenately going to try and feed as much raw food as possible from now on. once i get a good dite plan worked out and a sourse it shouldn't be to much bother.

i had a friend who had an akita once , it give him a scare once too (it tried to eat the postman whole) lol lovely dog none the less. but i am diffenately going to try and feed as much raw food as possible from now on. once i get a good dite plan worked out and a sourse it shouldn't be to much bother.

Yes they can be a tad "protective" :)

The only time I have heard of problems is when people feed too many bones with not enough meat on them causing impaction of the intestines, if you get powdery poo :sick: then more meat is needed.

Good luck with your pup :D

Setter