Is it worth a bash?

Beneath the flightpath on the land I shoot is a field with rape, approx 2-3 inches growth.

Approx 150 yards to the side it borders a field which was recently sown with wheat, which is just starting to show.

Further along the flightpath (approx 400-500 yards) is a field which has recently been sown with peas, land which I dont have permission to shoot.

I have been watching the pigeons recently and they are flighting over my fields which contain the wheat and rape and landing directly into the fields which have the peas (a road separates the land). The pigeons are showing no interest in the rape or wheat whatsoever and are loving the peas.

Do you think it would be worth setting up in either of my fields (wheat/rape/border) near the flightpath in hope I can divert the pigeons flighting to the peas?? Not sure whether or not it would be waste of time since they have shown no interest with these crops?

Any advice?

its really annoying when that happens but you should at least give it a go if you have the time and try and use a magnet if you have one to help catch there attention. have you gone and spoke to the farmer with the field you dont have pomition on?

the worst that can happen is that the birds arnt intrested in your field because theres somthing better to eat elswhere

if you have not got permission to shoot the pea field then try and get hold of the brest feathers of a few woodies and then throw the feathers onto the field where the peas are, should stop them going there and set up on the land that you have permision on under the flight line where they cross the road.

if you are lucky then the wild will be heading from the road onto the pea field which means you will not even have to set foot on the field.

failing that ask the farmer if you could put something onto his field to try and stop the pidgeons from landing,

if the farmer allows it then put your rotary on the pea field with 2 white plastic bags on it that will also stop them from landing.

Good Luck

HTS