Best terrier for ratting

get a terrier from digging parents,it'll kill rats as good as any and also give you the option of using it for earth work if you ever need it asuming it lives up to its breeding.a patterdale/fell or decent russel would be your best bet.

i havent owned a good ratting/hunting terrier for a few years but the terrier i do have kills rats every week.he can look pretty good on his own or out with others but i can still remember when his mother and later his son(more plummer blood) were always beating him to a rat or finding one where he had gone past.

people should buy whatever they want...................for the amount of ratting i do anything does to be honest.

Have you two got lost, I think your in the wrong section? :lol::hunter::gunsmilie:

thay are in the terrier section lol :feck:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get a terrier from digging parents,it'll kill rats as good as any and also give you the option of using it for earth work if you ever need it asuming it lives up to its breeding.a patterdale/fell or decent russel would be your best bet.

i havent owned a good ratting/hunting terrier for a few years but the terrier i do have kills rats every week.he can look pretty good on his own or out with others but i can still remember when his mother and later his son(more plummer blood) were always beating him to a rat or finding one where he had gone past.

people should buy whatever they want...................for the amount of ratting i do anything does to be honest.

Have you two got lost, I think your in the wrong section? :lol::hunter::gunsmilie:

fair comment :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

i could of said the same about you but i don't think they have a blond bimbo/geriatric terrier section on here do they? :D

:snack:

i could of said the same about you but i don't think they have a blond bimbo/geriatric terrier section on here do they?

:snack::snack::snack::clapper:

i could of said the same about you but i don't think they have a blond bimbo/geriatric terrier section on here do they? :D

How original, that took you some time to think about :clapper: :11: :clapper: :11: .

Starting to get a few ratting invites now for next season & we will have to get around a few farms door knocking to get some more :clapper: .

Remember H&H you have 15 years on me, by the time I am your age who knows what I will have done ;) .

Isn't it about time you found me an air pistol :good: ?

Edited by Hedge_hunter27

How original, that took you some time to think about :clapper: :11: :clapper: :11: .

Starting to get a few ratting invites now for next season & we will have to get around a few farms door knocking to get some more :clapper: .

Remember H&H you have 15 years on me, by the time I am your age who knows what I will have done ;) .

hello mrs fridgehunter.no offence meant there.

yes i may have 15 years on you but in another 15 years even hunting rats with terriers will become a thing of the past,plummer terriers will become KC registered and pointer will of got a new gearbox in his car.

as for an air pistol,well i don't want to be in the same county as you when you start pointing one of those about!!! :)

yes i may have 15 years on you but in another 15 years even hunting rats with terriers will become a thing of the past,plummer terriers will become KC registered and pointer will of got a new gearbox in his car.

as for an air pistol,well i don't want to be in the same county as you when you start pointing one of those about!!! :)

It's actually MISS not MRS, Mr I shoot rats with and air rifle using night vision because I don't have a terrier. No offence meant there.

I hope to have done more ratting with dogs than you two in 5 years never mind 15 or what's the point, think big :clapper: . As for ratting with terriers becoming a thing of the past, surely your having a laugh :11: . I don't think the authorities will be coming looking for me at 10 p.m. on a night and I am sure when I am out shooting you will be in fecking bed :oops: :clapper: . Plummers becoming KC doesn't bother me, my dog isn't registered :D . And if Pointer didn't spend as much time and money on hunting, he would have a new gear box :) .

It's actually MISS not MRS, Mr I shoot rats with and air rifle using night vision because I don't have a terrier. No offence meant there.

I hope to have done more ratting with dogs than you two in 5 years never mind 15 or what's the point, think big :clapper: . As for ratting with terriers becoming a thing of the past, surely your having a laugh :11: . I don't think the authorities will be coming looking for me at 10 p.m. on a night and I am sure when I am out shooting you will be in fecking bed :oops: :clapper: . Plummers becoming KC doesn't bother me, my dog isn't registered :D . And if Pointer didn't spend as much time and money on hunting, he would have a new gear box :) .

but MISS hedge trimmer if that pensioner of a plummer you have there did a better job of catching all the rats in the world i wouldn't have to come along and do the biz with the NV. :yes:

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

pack it in you two :D

You can tell the summers on its way ;) ol' Dracula 't' prince o' darkness' is getting all narky, n all cos he's gotta pack away his NV gear for a few months :D your gonna have to find an alternative sport to 'internet wife baiting' mate to fill in those long sunny days until the winter darkness returns ;), my missus could set you up with a nice cross stitch starters kit (just a thought like), atvb Richard

but MISS hedge trimmer if that pensioner of a plummer you have there did a better job of catching all the rats in the world i wouldn't have to come along and do the biz with the NV. :yes:

If I was planning on catching all of the rats in the world I think I would need a bit more than a nearly 9 year old Plummer terrier that has only been regularly ratting for the past 6 months Mr NV :D:clapper: .

You can tell the summers on its way ;) ol' Dracula 't' prince o' darkness' is getting all narky, n all cos he's gotta pack away his NV gear for a few months :D your gonna have to find an alternative sport to 'internet wife baiting' mate to fill in those long sunny days until the winter darkness returns ;), my missus could set you up with a nice cross stitch starters kit (just a thought like), atvb Richard

:11: :11: :11: :11: :clapper:

Hi,

I got a patterdale,dream of a dog,brilliant in the house quiet as a mouse,but a great ratter,am not too convinced about dogs from proven stock,i think they do it naturally you just got to bring them a long a bit,but a patterdale definately recommended