2nd Time Decoying

Went out this morning for a few hours to the same farm as last. Went out much earlier today and set the hide up in a much better covered spot. Last time I noticed the (few) pigeons i saw were all going the same way diagonally across this field so set up right there. Also i put my decoys much further out than last. Well, I got three pigeons and one crow and missed quite a few :icon_redface: yep i know thats feck all but i was proper pleased to at least get off the mark. I was using my new gun today, a Browning semi; found it quite strange to be looking down one barrel (never shot one before) also found it a pain to have to search for the spent cartridges as it spits them out pretty far. Think i'll take my old side by side next time. Looking forward to next week. Cheers

Any amount of pigeon is better than none and you also learnt a lesson, look for the flight lines.

Years ago when you could have a 5 shot semi auto on a shotgun cert I once got 5 pigeon at once. Mind you they were coming in like kamakasi pilots at the time but its not so often they do it now. I think it was a Franci gun, I once burnt my eyebrows using Baikal cartridges in it they used to be like a feckin flamethrower. I dont think they make them now I think they got banned.

• 2 weeks later...
Any amount of pigeon is better than none and you also learnt a lesson, look for the flight lines.

Years ago when you could have a 5 shot semi auto on a shotgun cert I once got 5 pigeon at once. Mind you they were coming in like kamakasi pilots at the time but its not so often they do it now. I think it was a Franci gun, I once burnt my eyebrows using Baikal cartridges in it they used to be like a feckin flamethrower. I dont think they make them now I think they got banned.

living in Germany has its advantages I have still got one :clapper::clapper::clapper:

HTS