What do you do when your dogs get a tick? He had two, one dropped off this moning but hes still got one on the back of his head. Ive heard that if you pull them out and leave the head in that it can go septic? Is it worth trying with tweezers or is it best to go to the vets?

They dont seem to bother him, but wondered if they can spread disease, ie limes diease

Any help appreciated :good:

Guest It's Me!

Remove ticks with tweasers and clean the little wound left on the dog afterwards with a bit of alcohol.

Make sure the ticks doesn't survive and burn them in an ashtray. Don't ever use alcohol or vaseline on the tick when he is on the dog because when the tick suffocates it puts his poison IN the dog!

Ticks not only spread Lyme disease but also Babesiosis wich is even more dangerous for the dogs.

Jolanda

Guest MOLLY

Treat your dog with Frontline, it will kill ticks. There was something in the daily Mail on Saturday and again something in this weeks Countrymans weekly about diseases spread from ticks....might be too late by the time you find them to pull them off ;)

Not long after moving here, we found 50+ ticks on my dogs in one night...over 30 of them on 1 terrier. Since using Frontline ive never found one...and i look for them often.

MOLL.

Treat your dog with Frontline, it will kill ticks. There was something in the daily Mail on Saturday and again something in this weeks Countrymans weekly about diseases spread from ticks....might be too late by the time you find them to pull them off ;)

Not long after moving here, we found 50+ ticks on my dogs in one night...over 30 of them on 1 terrier. Since using Frontline ive never found one...and i look for them often.

MOLL.

Thanks everyone for the replys, the vet took thenm out last night, for free, which was a bonus. Ive also gave him a dose of frontline after. Wed been giving it them since they were pups, but have slipt my memory lately. Wont forget again any way :no: