refill

newnews

If you buy a filling adaptor to fit the s200 and then take it along to the dive shop they could fill it quite easily for you from any cylinder.

pop in and have a chat to them first if they have had shooters in before you they may even have an adaptor.

what if i take a 300cc tank in will they still need an adaptor? im new to precharged mate

If you buy a filling adaptor to fit the s200 and then take it along to the dive shop they could fill it quite easily for you from any cylinder.

pop in and have a chat to them first if they have had shooters in before you they may even have an adaptor.

what if i take a 300cc tank in will they still need an adaptor? im new to precharged mate

take it in to them thee will have fitting for it somewhere am sure :)

Just take the bottle in and they will def be able to charge it for you as long as the bottle is still in test and not expired it will have the date of expiry stamped on the neck of the valve. The dive shops up this way are unindated with guy's with air rifles they charge i think about a pound for the gun and two or three quid a bottle dep on size.

Just remember if your new to this to trickle the charge from bottle to gun and don't just turn the valve and pump it all in at once it can create condensation on the inside of the res on the gun which ain't good.

Chris

Just remember if your new to this to trickle the charge from bottle to gun and don't just turn the valve and pump it all in at once it can create condensation on the inside of the res on the gun which ain't good.

Chris

INCORRECT........If you are getting airfills from a dive shop you will be getting DRY FILTERED AIR which has had moisture removed. This is done to prolong the working life of steel dive cylinders. If you had to 'TRICKLE' charge every cylinder slowly to avoid condesation the shop would be filling dive tanks all day long.

The idea behind doing SLOW FILLS or 'TRICKLE CHARGING' as mentioned above is because the process of filling a cylinder with compressed air creates friction/heat and heat makes air expand, then as the cylinder cools the air contracts and so the pressure inside the cylinder drops giving you a SHORT FILL.

I would just go into the shop for a chat mate and see wether they have the appropriate filling whip to connect to the S200.

most shops will fill either A CLAMP or DIN fittings as these are the two industry standard fittings for scuba cylinders. The S200 uses neither of these so a special whip is needed.

Edited by fr0gman4

Chris

INCORRECT........If you are getting airfills from a dive shop you will be getting DRY FILTERED AIR which has had moisture removed. This is done to prolong the working life of steel dive cylinders. If you had to 'TRICKLE' charge every cylinder slowly to avoid condesation the shop would be filling dive tanks all day long.

The idea behind doing SLOW FILLS or 'TRICKLE CHARGING' as mentioned above is because the process of filling a cylinder with compressed air creates friction/heat and heat makes air expand, then as the cylinder cools the air contracts and so the pressure inside the cylinder drops giving you a SHORT FILL.

I would just go into the shop for a chat mate and see wether they have the appropriate filling whip to connect to the S200.

most shops will fill either A CLAMP or DIN fittings as these are the two industry standard fittings for scuba cylinders. The S200 uses neither of these so a special whip is needed.

ok mate thanks. may just go to local gun shop just cant find one local. there are some just squba shops cloeser. what would you reckermend

Definately worth a try at the dive shop I used to fill any that I could for the local airgun lads but only if I had the correct filling whip or if they brought their own to the shop I never went out buying hoses specially for filling guns as there was not enough call for it.

even if they dont have the whip they are cheap enough to buy and it may be worth while you asking if you turn up with the filling adaptor will they fill the gun for you I know I would .

where are you based ??

do you have a gun club local to you ??? my local club will let members get fills from club gear.

Definately worth a try at the dive shop I used to fill any that I could for the local airgun lads but only if I had the correct filling whip or if they brought their own to the shop I never went out buying hoses specially for filling guns as there was not enough call for it.

even if they dont have the whip they are cheap enough to buy and it may be worth while you asking if you turn up with the filling adaptor will they fill the gun for you I know I would .

where are you based ??

do you have a gun club local to you ??? my local club will let members get fills from club gear.

ok mate thanks. im based in andover hampshire. not to sure bout gun clubs im pretty new to it reallyt mate

Air Bottles are rising in cost

300 Bar are Best - more fills per recharge

Cost of bottles will rise as mostly made outside UK

Some Dive Shops and air Gun Shops will fill Air Gun's

But charge you near as much as it would to fill a Air Bottle

Also a growing number are concerned about Gun's waving around while being filled in Shops

Most Clubs either have a Club Air Bottle or Members that will give you a Fill

But taking into account around £200.00 for a Steel bottle that will last a lifetime

If looked after

£6-10 for 12 Litres of 300 Bar Air Will give the average Shooter 40 Good Gun Fills..........

BOB/R