Any shooting opportunities in Wiltshire/Somerset/West Country & Surrounding areas?

Hi to all,

I'm currently a mature student (31) finishing my 2nd year in countryside management at Lackham College, Wiltshire.

Competent in Deer management, Shoot management, Game bird production, Forestry & Woodland management, Ecology of game, Fisheries management and other countryside subjects.

I'm looking to further my career in Deer management with a side line of pest & predator control but am finding it very difficult to find any land to shoot over in the Wiltshire/Somerset & surrounding areas.

I am currently looking to offer my services/become a shooting buddie for Deer, Fox, Rabbit, Pigeon and other pest control ect.. but currently to no avail.

More than happy and very capable to prepare quarry after for consumption if required.

I currently hold my SGC, FAC, BASC safe shot award and BASC insurance and have great respect for boundaries, crop and livestock. I always contact landowners prior to attending shoot sites and always offer first refusal for all quarry shot.

Have access to ferrets and ferreting which I also enjoy taking part in.

Currently shooting - Tikka M590 243, Savage 17hmr, .22 Mossberg Rimfire, shotguns, FAC air rifle and standard 12ftlb air rifles.

Does anyone have any advice to further my effforts or can anyone suggest a syndicate/shoot/land to try to join to obtain shooting to start building my personal shoot portfolio for the future?

(I'm always willing to pay an annual fee or help out in any way possible on farms/land etc.. for land to shoot over)

Best regards,

Ben

• 1 month later...

I was up Newbury way yesterday Hungerford turn off on the M4 and there were a few pigeons flying aound, maybe do a bit of door knocking up that way and see how you get on.

Theres plenty of farm land up there you may get lucky