corti 50 incubator, help please

• 2 weeks later...

No Bother...as you know the instructions aren't to helpful! I think its down to it being a imported machine. I found that if i filled the reservoirs as it suggested the humidity was way to high even filling just one. So i used nescafe 200 gram, flat bottomed coffee jar lids and found that each gave me 18-23 % humidity and a 100 gram lid gave me 10-15 which got me to the humidity i wanted. For hatching i swapped the 100g lid for a 200g lid. I also used lucazade squeezee pop bottles to fill the lids through the egg tray as they don't drip till you squeeze. Worked for me :) good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cheers for that. I did notice the tops came off when i cleaned it. I'll have a look this year at what happens when i remove them. I hatched 66% of all the eggs i set including the clears. I was hatching various bantams and i even managed to hatch a completly different variety of bantam to the eggs i received :clapper: How did you go on with yours?

Hiya aye i didnt notice last year when i was hatching! I havnt hatched any thing this year so far. Last year i Hatched out a few silkies and kc ducks. Obvously at diffrent times though. But all in all not a bad hatch rate using this one. I am hoping to use one of the incy's this year at some point.

Aye defo try it i found it helpfull with taking the wee knobs off the top.

Good luck with ur next hatch.

Terrie