Review of The Howard Leight Impact Sport Earmuffs

clivej

Review of The Howard Leight Impact Sport Earmuffs that I got a while back but only got to try them out at the range now.

They are neat and tidy and fold up into the head band to make for a small package when not in use. I found them very comfortable to wear without them becoming to tight on my head or over ears. A good slim design so it did not hit off the gun stock. On/Off/Volume switch is a neat thumbwheel design. It also had an input for MP3 player or radio.

When turned off and used as an ear defender they work very well in fact I found them better than the standard pair of ear defenders that I would usually wear at keeping out the noise.

When turned on I could hear small talk at the far end of the range so they amplified the sound very well. When a shot was fired they did exactly what they were designed to do and shut down the speakers so they acted as just an ear defender. And when I say “when a shot was fired†I was on the next bench from where a 308 with a muzzle break was being used and I was getting all the blast of the report.

Total cost to the door was €67. E-mail them for a Coupon code to reduce the shipping costs.

I ordered from:

http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/produc...rt-earmuff.html

Howard_Liegh_Impact_Earmuff.jpgHoward_Liegh_Impact_Earmuff_Folded.jpg

Text from the website

Noise reduction rating of 22db

Ambient sound amplification

Automatic noise blocking protection

Low profile earcup with cut out allows for full clearance of firearm stock

Padded headband adjusts for a secure, non-slip fit

Single volume control for on/off and volume.

External audio input allows you to connect to your own audio source

Battery life of up to 350 hours. Automatic shut-off after 4 hours

Includes 2 AAA batteries

Compact folding design for easy storage

The Howard Leight Impact Sport Earmuffs have become very popular with shooters and hunters. Not only do they provide great hearing protection (rated at a noise reduction level of 22db) they employ built-in microphones to amplify ambient sounds. This enables the user to enjoy full, clear directional sound in stereo. Amplification is automatically shut off at 82db.

The Impact Sport is also designed to provide wearers with exceptional comfort. Its padded leatherette headband, low-profile design, and ultra slim earcup allows for long-term wear in the field or on the range. Now you'll be able to hear the traps fire at the shooting range, be able to talk with your friends and still experience comfortable hearing protection with the Howard Leight Impact Sport Earmuff!

Youtube video review of these ear defenders

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> Edited by clivej