pups

Guest holey

Guest holey

hi all as i said my lakeland had her pups and she lost one 2 days after she gave birth and we lost the only bitch in the litter today they are all 2 wks old today all i have left for sale now is 3 boys the bitch went all cold and couldnt hardly breathe she couldnt hardly move we tried hand feeding her but she lasted an hour and pasted away sadly her mum has gone all moppey she doesnt want to eat really now its weird how dogs sense there babys are dead fingers crossed i dont lose anymore :cry::cry::cry::(

Guest mucker

dont know a great deal about these things sounds like she could have laid on it.

two weeks sounds a little old to be losing pups.

all you can do is feed the bitch the best possible,thats meat for me, access to fresh water.

heat lamp,and leave her to it and dont keep handling them.

hope its just a one off.

I had a pup that went a bit like that last year out of my russell bitch, it was a seemingly healthy pup and as big as the rest but was born in green embriotic fluid, she was fine up until a week old but soon deteriorated, the bitch wouldn't have in the whelping bed with the others as she knew it was a wrongun, she would pic it up and take it as far away as she could. I botlle fed it for a while hoping to see a change but it stayed the same, i gave it away and its still alive but its not right at all. I hope i wont get the same on my up and coming litter but if i do i wont keep it alive. It would have died in the wild as only the best survive to breed. I hope you don't have anymore problems mate,