good topic mate. my personal favourite would be the first time i ever took my bitch on a proper driven shoot. she was about11 months old i guess. arrived early and all the pickers up commented on how nice she was looking etc. after alot of waiting around the guns arrived and off we went to the first drive. the conditions were perfect, no rain, no background noise, just out of sight of the next picker up (incase my bitch didnt get it right!) anyway the drive started and alot of shots could be heard. the gun closest to me shot once then again - two birds downed one about 6 feet from us one about 100 feet away - a runner. i quickly sent my bitch on the first she brought it straight back to hand, so i pointed her in the direction of the second and off she went like the pocket rocket she is. either she saw it and ran it down or she picked up on the scent and then eyeballed it. either way it led her through some heavy cover, out the other side into the open - dumb bird, it didnt have a chance! it was grabbed and sprinted straight back.

right lads and lasses what is your all time favourite hunting moment and why

For me it would have to be 1 of the times i have been picking up at the shoots i go too. Most memorable for me was when my young lab had a great day at the woodcock, he got 5 over the course of the day that looked at 1 point we might not get.

At the end of the day i heard the keeper say something to the guns( who were italian), He had said to them "that dog is worth its wait in gold". I had a smile from ear to ear

Always a proud moment when your dog is working well especially when others are there to see it with you. :D