I can't get on with this hawke scope

20 Yards to 70 yards with a 12ft lb??? :hmm:

Parallax works like this, you will never find these two distances "focused"....don't knock the scope...I think you have just bought the wrong one for your gun and requirements!

.......flippen 'ek buster321c, what was that????

:):thumbs::D

ha ha CUT ........................ PASTE ....... lol ;)

Hi saxo try this set your parallax for about 35yds set your mag at your hunting mag

[mine is 8 mag ] sit down and refocus the eye bell till you can see clearly and re zero

if you use a high mag [12 or higher ] this won`t work

i done this on my hawk pro stalk on the rimmy and i can see fine from 15 yds to over

100 yds with out adjusting the scope

give it a try before you change the scope it might work on yours hawk make some good

scopes

atb stu :)

the higher the mag goes the less distance you can see within the paralex focus. e.g. i paralex so it starts to blur at 55-60 yards, i can see clear at about 13 yards, but i dont change the mag.

if you've paralexed at 25 then theres no way it'll be focused at 70... and the paralex corection wont be workng.

70's awful far at 12fps... i hit rabbits at 60 from time to time and did an accidental 72 on lamp..oops, hit in the head like but that was was about ten yards to far tbh...that was with a good BC and a heavey pellet (.177) it rumaged about ten yards with spasm..but was dead. (too far in otherwords..too dicey when your scopes set right etc..).

get some tipex or paint or nail varnish, mark the paralex bit that turns and set it for a few distances, like 0-10 yards, 10-30 yards.. 30-55... clearest image in the middle, the higher the mag goes the less distance so the 30-55 will become more like 30-45 yards max on highest, but 15-50 yards on 4 mag.. etc etc.

any scope without Adjustable paralex is unless stated paralexed to about 100 yards.

if your using aim points, most scopes change as you change the mag, the higher the mag the less distance between dots.. the lower the bigger the gap. to check look at something like a bottle..then zoom in out and watch the aim points, if they move you know..if they dont not to worry the ret is in a diferent part the scope and meant to.

ohhh...as the light goes, the focus (feild of veiw) becomes smaller so the higher the mag the less distance in veiw again.

Guest Mass_G3nocide
I bought a new 2 shot webley raider. With the raider i was recommended to buy a hawke 5.5-16 x 44 AO scope.

I fitted it and zero'd it in but i just don't like it. i had a cheap 3-9 x 40 scope on my last rifle and it seemed better??? Can anyone shed any light on what i might be doing wrong??? I think i could do with a 3-9x50 scope but with out the extra range focus fitted like the hawke..

Them extra range focus's are a pain in the arse for quick shot's.