Lightforce scope mounted lamps

Guest JohnGalway

Guest JohnGalway

Been doing my usual internet rounds. Discovered that Lightforce have now brought out a clip on handle for scope mounted lamps which basically transforms them into hand held lamps.

Some might like it, I think it's another gimmick as I've used my scope mounted lamps as hand helds for years and never had a problem.

I've no details of where it's available as yet.

Been doing my usual internet rounds. Discovered that Lightforce have now brought out a clip on handle for scope mounted lamps which basically transforms them into hand held lamps.

Some might like it, I think it's another gimmick as I've used my scope mounted lamps as hand helds for years and never had a problem.

I've no details of where it's available as yet.

hi just wondering how you find scope mounted lamps i have s&b 8*56 on my .22 and my .22-250 and normaly shoot off a bracket on my drivers door using a roof mounted lamp. however we now have a new kubota rtv and i am reluctant to drill a hole in the roof. so been thinking of scope mounted lamp.

Guest JohnGalway

Excellent pip, the 170 is the best for foxing. If you have moderators on your rifles you may run into a little problem with light reflecting back into the scope but there are a couple of ways to remedy that if it happens :yes: You won't regret buying one.

Excellent pip, the 170 is the best for foxing. If you have moderators on your rifles you may run into a little problem with light reflecting back into the scope but there are a couple of ways to remedy that if it happens :yes: You won't regret buying one.

t8 on 22.250 am i right in thinking i can unscrew the roof lamp buy a fitting and scope mount it. its a 170. how do you overcome the glare problem. sorry for all the questions.

Guest JohnGalway

t8 on 22.250 am i right in thinking i can unscrew the roof lamp buy a fitting and scope mount it. its a 170. how do you overcome the glare problem. sorry for all the questions.

I don't know about roof lights Pip so I won't comment.

To combat the glare, people have used insulating tape across the lower section of their scope's sunshade, basically making the hole on the objective end smaller (sorry, it's awkwardly explained). Some cover the moderators with a non reflecting cover be it neoprene like a bush muffler or even a sock. There have been a few topics on the subject :yes:

I don't know about roof lights Pip so I won't comment.

To combat the glare, people have used insulating tape across the lower section of their scope's sunshade, basically making the hole on the objective end smaller (sorry, it's awkwardly explained). Some cover the moderators with a non reflecting cover be it neoprene like a bush muffler or even a sock. There have been a few topics on the subject :yes:

understand what you mean regarding tape thanks for help. cheers.