dogs eyes

in need of some advice please. had my lurcher out last night and today she woke up and her eyes seem a bit tired and lazy so im thinking she might have got something in them or irratated them in some way so ive rinsed them with sterile water and put a couple of drops of golden eye in each eye. if no improvement by in the morning taking her to the vets was just wondering if anybody has come accross this before and all advice would be gratefully appreciated thanks

Can you check her pupils..do they react to light ok? Is the conjunctiva in each eye red and inflamed? Pull the skin up to reveal the white part of her eye..is this nice and white or red? All these things would be indicators of an eye infection/foreign body in the eye. She has maybe just stuck her face in something that her eyes are reacting to. Cold tea bags squeezed over both eyes can help.

a couple of weeks ago me and the lab did a bit of rough shooting,it wasnt till the next morning he was having real trouble with his left eye!!he could hardly open it!there wasnt anything in it so i rinsed them morning and night with contact lense solution,it took a couple of days to get [bANNED TEXT] and they was fine!!probebly the same thing,golden eye ointment is good so should clear up!! but if your not sure the vets it is,you only get 1 pair of eyes!!