Weird?

i have a question about a weird thing my air rifle did..... sure its a cheap rifle, cost $70. which is $40 more than was paid for my first BB/Pellet rifle...

the first one was a present from years ago when i was 13 years old. it lasted until i got married.

my husband and i used it until the seals wore out and it wouldnt hold air. the BB would just roll down the barrel.... it had never done that before, so yeah we assume the seal is worn out.

this "new" one didnt last half as long as the first one.. in fact it didnt last a full two years.. husband was using it every other weekend for targets or on pesky animals.. the last time he fired it the same thing happened as with the first. the BB rolled down the barrel after he pulled the trigger.

We put the gun away for several months and talked about buying a better one.

Here's the weird part. Just last weekend we were cleaning up around the house when he found the rifle and on a whim he pumped it, loaded it, and..... it actually fired. he did it again three different times. it works again!

what the hell?? i asked him if he was sure he remembered to pump it the time it "broke".. a question he found insulting :blink:

so what happened?

i'm not expert on these things and i hope you know what kind i'm talking about :icon_redface: ..... just a type of cheap red rider BB gun that also shoots pellets.

also is there a chance i can repair the old one? i know it wasnt a case of them being abused. i've always tried to take the best care possible when it comes to my rifles... so whats going on?