Bolted One !!!!

copfox2gp.png

This is a pic of the terrier that i wrote about in a previous thread !!

The terrier is four years old now and went to fox for the first time on the 1st of march 2006. Since then he's bolted three in total and i've had a small dig, of about 18 inch to him.

This fox was bolted today and my dad shot it. He took the dog just for the walk as he had a new shotgun that he wanted to fire a few shells through. The permission that he was on is my great uncle's farm/smallholding and holds a fair few fox earths, so it's a handy bit of land now my terriers working fox. My great uncle and the ajoining farm had been losing a few chickens and ducks and were more than happy when they saw the result of the afternoons work. Glad that it was a dog fox as the foxes close to us are started to pair up now !!

Anyway i'll try and give the dog a bit more work before stopping for the BORING summer break.

All the best Tommy ;);)

The dog was as black as the fox is when he first came out of the earth. The earth was on a small stream banking and the whole banking was soaking wet. After allowing the dog a good rag of the carcass he was encouraged :D to have a swim to clean himself up. And he still needed a good wash down when i got back home.

All the best Tommy ;);)

cop33qq.jpg

Here's a quick pic i took this morning of my dog terrier. I went out this morning and checked a few earths with him (about half a dozen), but we didn't drop on anything. After finally getting him entered he's really keen to go now and 4 of the 6 earths we checked this morning he searched through and then had another look (two didn't look promising and he wasn't really interested). I wont be out with the Terrier until saturday now and will try some more earths on the smallholding that was mentioned at the beginning of this thread, if i manage to get him some work then i'll finish for the season.

All the best Tommy ;);)