permission yorkshire wanted

hi

was wondering if anyone could help i have had my shotgun licence for 2 months now and i am looking for permission to do pest control ( pigeons crows rabbits ) in the yorkshire area

i have the up most respect for the land i go on and can give recommendations if need be

i am 44 years old fully licensed and insured but relatively new to the shooting game but not to hunting

if anyone has excessive land and wishes me to build pheasant pens and organize shoots with the profit split between me and the land owner i wiil take them in to concideration as well

please pm me if interested and i will give you my phone number

thanks for looking

Andrew Dobson

i live near leeds in west yorkshire

If it was this easy the site would be full of posts like this !

I know where youre coming from though,permission isnt easy to come by.

All the best and good luck..... :thumbs:

In the meant time I would suggest a bit of knocking on doors owned by farmers in your local area or similar stratergy.

Its a slow process but youl get ther eventually

thats what i had to do, i spent £50 diesel and 6 days driving down every farm yard track and knocked on over 100 doors asking for the land owner.

Carried my BASC insurance, dressed smartly, and put my 'mature head' on. in the end i've managed to get permission on 2700acres locally.

It really isn't easy, i was lucky to have got what i have by the sounds of it from here.

Good luck mate

If it was this easy the site would be full of posts like this !

I know where youre coming from though,permission isnt easy to come by.

All the best and good luck..... :thumbs:

In the meant time I would suggest a bit of knocking on doors owned by farmers in your local area or similar stratergy.

Its a slow process but youl get ther eventually

thats what i had to do, i spent £50 diesel and 6 days driving down every farm yard track and knocked on over 100 doors asking for the land owner.

Carried my BASC insurance, dressed smartly, and put my 'mature head' on. in the end i've managed to get permission on 2700acres locally.

It really isn't easy, i was lucky to have got what i have by the sounds of it from here.

Good luck mate

The 1st one is always the most difficult, once you get the respect of one farmer that's the key to further access. I found by saying (truthfully), "I shoot on farmer Joe's land down the lane" etc opened up the area.

Agree as said above but if I were you I would go prepared with a printed form stating no game to be taken, insurance to be intact at all times, all damages to be paid for, etc etc. Do include a statement that permission shooting rights can be stopped by either party by written notice. Main thing is sign it, date it, and get the farmer to do the same.

This means that when PC Plod comes along asking whose land you are on and if you have shooting rights, you can wave the document at him. Believe me this is veryinportant.

A friend of mine has vermin control rights on several golf courses in Yorks area. He always displays his "permit" in laminated form in the car windscreen as several others have access and it's wise to know who's out there shooting.

Good luck,

Bri.

Guest hpool_hunter

perciveriance * however its spelt* - is the key , dont get put down buy all the rejections , you WILL get them , just head up and plod on i guess , keep knocking , you will get alot of NO's before the long awaited YES ,

good luck

all best

HH