Quick Question

Can someone tell me what 11.3 Ft Lbs is in FPS cause i'm only up to date with FPS, don't know about Ft Lbs yet.

:thumbdown:

Hi Sarge,

Assuming you are using something like an RWS SuperDome in 22, in your rifle, then you would be averaging something like around 590-597 FPS, running at 11.3 - 11.4 Ft/Lb? I am guessing as to the pellet type you are using, but i did my calculation using the 22 RWS SuperDome as a pellet type. DJ-N-gage and I are pretty much looking out the same window here i think? lol ;)

If you can be a bit more specific as regards what pellet you are using, then i can get a better answer for you mate.

Regards,

Grim.

Edited by Grim Reaper
Can someone tell me what 11.3 Ft Lbs is in FPS cause i'm only up to date with FPS, don't know about Ft Lbs yet.

Hi Sarge,

Assuming you are using something like an RWS SuperDome in 22, in your rifle, then you would be averaging something like around 590-597 FPS, running at 11.3 - 11.4 Ft/Lb? I am guessing as to the pellet type you are using, but i did my calculation using the 22 RWS SuperDome as a pellet type. DJ-N-gage and I are pretty much looking out the same window here i think? lol ;)

If you can be a bit more specific as regards what pellet you are using, then i can get a better answer for you mate.

Regards,

Grim.

hi mate try this simple formula this works for all ballistics

If you know the energy, how do you find the velocity?

Airgun energy foot-pounds and pellet weight: grain ft/sec

The quick way to find the answer is to work a reciprocal of the energy formula; but, if you're like me, you need to be reminded how that's done.

Take the energy times the constant 450240 and divide by the weight of the pellet in grains. The square root of that number is your velocity.

Let's find the velocity of an 8-grain pellet that generates 11.37 foot-pounds of energy. That would be 11.37 times 450240, and divide that number by 8. Then hit the square-root key on your calculator.

My calculator comes up with 799.93974, which is pretty close to 800. Remember, we rounded off the energy number, which accounts for the small difference between our answer and the number 800.

Hi Sarge,

Regards,

Grim.

hi mate try this simple formula this works for all ballistics

If you know the energy, how do you find the velocity?

Airgun energy foot-pounds and pellet weight: grain ft/sec

The quick way to find the answer is to work a reciprocal of the energy formula; but, if you're like me, you need to be reminded how that's done.

Take the energy times the constant 450240 and divide by the weight of the pellet in grains. The square root of that number is your velocity.

Let's find the velocity of an 8-grain pellet that generates 11.37 foot-pounds of energy. That would be 11.37 times 450240, and divide that number by 8. Then hit the square-root key on your calculator.

My calculator comes up with 799.93974, which is pretty close to 800. Remember, we rounded off the energy number, which accounts for the small difference between our answer and the number 800.

:hmm::hmm:

So roughly it will be like 550-600 FPS roughly?

hi mate i just posted a reply if you dont know the pellet weight then post it and ill find it out for you ok or contact me directly

Umm there just standerd .22 pellets..i think that's 5.5grams or something, i'm not the technical type with guns :whistling:

So roughly it will be like 550-600 FPS roughly?

hi mate i just posted a reply if you dont know the pellet weight then post it and ill find it out for you ok or contact me directly

Umm there just standerd .22 pellets..i think that's 5.5grams or something, i'm not the technical type with guns :whistling:

they'll be 5.5 MM!! not grains. an average .22 pellet weighs about 15 grain. but can be as little as 10 or as much as 22 or so.... a big difference.