young an inexperienced

whats the best breed of dog to hunt with ferrets?
Well Minge any dog would suffice,its main attributes must be;

1, Your choice of dog must be used to the presence of ferrets (asI do, get them all together when young so they feed from the same bowl, and let them play together during the summer months,when winter comes they should be used to each other)

2, The dog in Question should have a keen sense of smell(most dogs have,but for some stuck in houses they only use thiers when the fridge is open) take your dog to a warren let him smell the latrines or perhaps he will give chase, then he will never forget that smell and the exhitement it caused,this done your dog will start to "mark"occupied burrows,Which is far better than putting nets on empty holes,some ferreters prefer not to use dogs,I personally would'nt be without one.My last feretting dog was a 12 year old j.r.t. that sadly passed away in sept. I have replaced him with a nuttal patterdale,a bit like using a sledgehammer to crack an egg,but he will do the job ! good luck.

whats the best breed of dog to hunt with ferrets?

Well Minge any dog would suffice,its main attributes must be;

1, Your choice of dog must be used to the presence of ferrets (asI do, get them all together when young so they feed from the same bowl, and let them play together during the summer months,when winter comes they should be used to each other)

2, The dog in Question should have a keen sense of smell(most dogs have,but for some stuck in houses they only use thiers when the fridge is open) take your dog to a warren let him smell the latrines or perhaps he will give chase, then he will never forget that smell and the exhitement it caused,this done your dog will start to "mark"occupied burrows,Which is far better than putting nets on empty holes,some ferreters prefer not to use dogs,I personally would'nt be without one.My last feretting dog was a 12 year old j.r.t. that sadly passed away in sept. I have replaced him with a nuttal patterdale,a bit like using a sledgehammer to crack an egg,but he will do the job ! good luck.

thanks [bANNED TEXT]

how do you put pics on

how do you put pics on

there he is on pesonal pic bad pic though

how do you put pics on

how do you put pics on

click on ginge on left hand side

how do you put pics on

how do you put pics on

click on ginge on left hand side

:blink::blink:

I signed up with Photo Bucket :good: download your pictures on to there, click the little box under your picture, click on create http, select the one for message boards, copy, flick back on here and paste.

Good enough for a amature like me :good:

Regards Rob

:blink::blink:

I signed up with Photo Bucket :good: download your pictures on to there, click the little box under your picture, click on create http, select the one for message boards, copy, flick back on here and paste.

Good enough for a amature like me :good:

Regards Rob

and me :good:

ta [bANNED TEXT]