Looking for a breeder

Guest smashygadge
forgive me if i am wrong but wouldnt they be less than 1/4 collie if dad is only 3/8??

he is a little more i just aint no good with the percents

i worked it out with a guy that nos and he worked the pups to be a 1/4 collie mix

the dam to the sire was 3/8 beardie 5/8 grey

sire was 4/8 grey 2/8 border 1/8whip 1/8 bull now if im mistaken the whip and bull will be diluted if not allready if you can work out a percentage on them id love to no :thumbs: and the sire has definetly thrown more beardie than anything in the breed of the dog

Guest smashygadge
i see, that makes sence,

i am interested in them, i will wait to here from you.

ive had it listed in 1/8 and 16ths of a guy and he was adament they would be 1/4 collie mix anyway. with the bull and whip getting knocked out in last litter. its very close to, and the only reason for my choice of greyhound is to, clean it up a little and put the speed back in :thumbs:

Adam your wrong I'm afraid mate, you have listed the bull and the whippet, but you have failed to put them into your mathematical equation, so by not putting them in you have got the numbers wrong.

The pups will be

5/32 Collie derived and 1/32 Bull 1/32 Whippet 25/32 Greyhound

Or 15.5% Collie 84.5% Greyhound (non collie)

Slightly more than 1/8 collie but less than 1/4

Guest smashygadge
THE fractional breakdown of lurchers is something i have a useless talent for as some of my friends will tell you. At every show often lads ask me if such a bitch was mated with such a dog what would the pups be and usually i can do it in my head this one took a bit of paper work so here goes.

Dog is 9/16 greyhound , just over half

3/16 beardie , over a quarter collie adding the border and beardie

2/16 Border

1/16 whippet just a wee touch of bull and whippet.

1/16 bull

when you mate to the greyhound bitch you basically add the breeds and half them so the bitch is 16/16 greyhounds the dog is 9/ 16 same as 32/32 and 18/ 32 32 plus 18 is forty divided by two is 20. so Greyhound 20/ 32 or simplified 10/16 0r more recognised 5/8 greyhound.

3/32 beardie

2/32 collie

1/32 whippet

1/32 Bull.

so there it is you would expect the majority of pups to be racy 5/8 types. The fact that the bitch is full greyhound should stabilise the litter and nake then more typey but then there is the posssibilyt of a throwback to the collie or even the whippet or bull. best of luck with the mating and the pups.

cheers for that adam i will right the statistics down

iam looking for abit more race and prey drive in the litter .

so would i be right in saying im looking at 5/8 grey

the remaining percent in the /32 of percentage

cheers bud and well done :thumbs:

Guest smashygadge
Adam your wrong I'm afraid mate, you have listed the bull and the whippet, but you have failed to put them into your mathematical equation, so by not putting them in you have got the numbers wrong.

The pups will be

5/32 Collie derived and 1/32 Bull 1/32 Whippet 25/32 Greyhound

Or 15.5% Collie 84.5% Greyhound (non collie)

Slightly more than 1/8 collie but less than 1/4

yours sounds intresting netter too

now then i have no idea when it comes to these percentages

so could you or adam give me a more

genral idea of what the pups would be

iam happy with what i will be looking at

but iam not very good with the maths of it

many thanks smash :thumbs:

Guest smashygadge
and there you have it Si , :clapper: , no more guess work lol ,

ha are you having a laugh im still confused maths and me dont work

more hands on guy lol either way i will be happy what i get :clapper:

think spiderpig has a 1st x litter on the way from working parants?recon smashys ahould be pritty racey with enough collie to steady them or iv got a litter ov half x collie grey to 5/8th 3 8th bull grey both working parants,two weeks old that arnt to deer,you can work the maths out!! pic ofthe sire on here,posted by little lurcher,good luck

thats why ive put him over a greyhound he is too steady good but somtimes too steady thats why i no he is shining the collie threw :thumbs:
thats the hancock in him,dazzald by daylight,lol :D ,they dont need a lamp at night!! :whistling: ,recon your next cross should bang a bit :victory:
Guest smashygadge
thats why ive put him over a greyhound he is too steady good but somtimes too steady thats why i no he is shining the collie threw :thumbs:
thats the hancock in him,dazzald by daylight,lol :D ,they dont need a lamp at night!! :whistling: ,recon your next cross should bang a bit :victory:

he bangs abit now ooty just occasionly he dosnt put the effort in thinking he is too clever :thumbs: