Season ends early

stollen

Hello everyone went out yesteraday with the harris had 2 brilliant chases but on the third chase disaster stuck i bolted a rabbit the harris gave chase instantly then the rabbit ran through some old farm machinery the bird was so close she smashed straight in to it luckily she was alright but she has broke 3 main primary feathers on the same wing at the top she is now unable to fly the same so the season ended early have to look forward to next season now

Happy hunting :good:

Hello everyone went out yesteraday with the harris had 2 brilliant chases but on the third chase disaster stuck i bolted a rabbit the harris gave chase instantly then the rabbit ran through some old farm machinery the bird was so close she smashed straight in to it luckily she was alright but she has broke 3 main primary feathers on the same wing at the top she is now unable to fly the same so the season ended early have to look forward to next season now

Happy hunting :good:

You can guarrantee shit happens when everything seems to be going well, the main thing is she was unharmed and will live to fight another day next season, sounds like she was very lucky...

Cheers

Tony

Yes mate she was very lucky she was so close to the rabbit she left it too late to alter course and avoid it i was fearing the worst as i got to her and just when i thought she was allright i noticed the primary feathers just glad shes still alive and can look forward to hunting with her again next season as shes the best bird ive ever had

All the best and happy hunting :good:

That's a crap bit of luck mate but like you have said at least she is ok for next season.. ;) ..

She seem's a determed bird all the same.. :good: ..and goodluck for next season..

Millet

Thanks mate and good luck to everyone for next season :good:

Pic of her last rabbit of the season 5th febuary

Edited by stollen
Guest what a flight

Yer lucky you ,

i loaned out my old female harris i still keep,she came back with her large middle toe missing :blink: ,

took clean of by a grey,she's caught loads too,one unlucky footing and they can do the damage

with those chisell teeth.

Its always nice to get the birds in the moult without having any mishaps,though on the last day of the gamehawking season,the pere disgraced herself :icon_redface: ,taking a tight outrun she went over a farm and instantly tipped into a stoop,she never came back up so i shot over there and got a reading on the telem to under a shed,she had been pulled under and had hold of by the neck trying to pluck a huge leghorn,he was o.k and wanted to fight when i pulled her of him :icon_eek: mine have gone away safely,the female peregrines in with a nice teircel,but upto now they don't seem to be getting on, the young hybrid gyrxpere will everntually be going in with her though,3 quarter pere's1 quarter gyrs make awesome game hawks :good: .

cheers,

W A F......

Female peregrine with her last grey parto from a good point.

Photo0050.jpg

Photo0054.jpg

gyr x pere tiercel on a grey from a good point.

grey.jpg

Yer lucky you ,

i loaned out my old female harris i still keep,she came back with her large middle toe missing :blink: ,

took clean of by a grey,she's caught loads too,one unlucky footing and they can do the damage

with those chisell teeth.

Its always nice to get the birds in the moult without having any mishaps,though on the last day of the gamehawking season,the pere disgraced herself :icon_redface: ,taking a tight outrun she went over a farm and instantly tipped into a stoop,she never came back up so i shot over there and got a reading on the telem to under a shed,she had been pulled under and had hold of by the neck trying to pluck a huge leghorn,he was o.k and wanted to fight when i pulled her of him :icon_eek: mine have gone away safely,the female peregrines in with a nice teircel,but upto now they don't seem to be getting on, the young hybrid gyrxpere will everntually be going in with her though,3 quarter pere's1 quarter gyrs make awesome game hawks :good: .

cheers,

W A F......

Female peregrine with her last grey parto from a good point.

Photo0050.jpg

Photo0054.jpg

gyr x pere tiercel on a grey from a good point.

grey.jpg

Yes mate those squirrels are lethal my harris has caught the odd couple but i try to keep her off them if i can as most of the time u dont know they are there until the birds in a tree and u cant do nothing about it sorry about the harris mate do u still think she will able to hunt once its healed up

Nice peregrine :good: