broken toe

tape your broken tow up with a toe next to it, this will feel weird at first but will help it keep straight and set better.

I did this and worked for me, i broke one of my toes cos i dropped a brick on my foot and cursed the brick by kicking it, not sure which broke my toe but either way OW it hurt.

tape your broken tow up with a toe next to it, this will feel weird at first but will help it keep straight and set better.

I did this and worked for me, i broke one of my toes cos i dropped a brick on my foot and cursed the brick by kicking it, not sure which broke my toe but either way OW it hurt.

his dogs broken its toe not him

Over years I have had many broken and dislocated toes on my lurchers,so have picked up a bit of experience.You dont say where the toe is broken which is important.I used a greyhound vet to treat any injuries and he said if the break or dislocation was at the first joint then the toe was better off amputated to that joint.A dogs running abilities will not be affected too much,but the problem is when a toe is removed it places pressures on adjacent toes when turning etc.So i ended up with more missing toes.

If I had a break now I would treat the dog with painkillers and antiinflammotry tablets,when the pain subsides start walking the dog on lead to keep toe moving.The dogs body will repair the break by calcifying it leaving it with a thickened toe.But now think this is a better course than removing toe.

Although dogs can't help breaking their toes,to prevent them from being broken keep the nails short and give loads of roadwork to keep feet tight.

Hope this helps.

Over years I have had many broken and dislocated toes on my lurchers,so have picked up a bit of experience.You dont say where the toe is broken which is important.I used a greyhound vet to treat any injuries and he said if the break or dislocation was at the first joint then the toe was better off amputated to that joint.A dogs running abilities will not be affected too much,but the problem is when a toe is removed it places pressures on adjacent toes when turning etc.So i ended up with more missing toes.

If I had a break now I would treat the dog with painkillers and antiinflammotry tablets,when the pain subsides start walking the dog on lead to keep toe moving.The dogs body will repair the break by calcifying it leaving it with a thickened toe.But now think this is a better course than removing toe.

Although dogs can't help breaking their toes,to prevent them from being broken keep the nails short and give loads of roadwork to keep feet tight.

Hope this helps.

That does help thanks very much.