MISSING LURCHER

Genie is 18 inches to the shoulders light brown/tan. She was taken/escaped from a van in Orsett, Essex today (Sunday 10th Aug.) and may have been sighted on the A127 on Junction A130 there will be a reward for her safe return. Please contact me on 07740477699 or (Gwain) 079770571229

genie.jpg

post from Hannah on the ACES forum, more info

Just to update you all, Gwain phoned me earlier and was quite overcome, he has been camping at the Mc Donalds on the a127 for the last 3 nights and basically walking up and down all night calling and looking. I didn't realise that they had a phone call on wed from someone saying " we've seen your dog on the A127, she was running in the traffic so we stopped and got her into the central reservation, should still be there"!!!!!!! Can you believe some people!!

Gwain got a call at 6am this morning to from a night worker who saw Genie on the edge of a field, he went straight down there and on the advice of DOGLOST didn't call or shout just wandered around looking. Kate joined him and they eventually found an old container in a line of trees seperating the field. Kate got on the floor to look inside a concrete pipe and saw something out the corner of her eye, looked up to see Genie sitting in the corn eeking out at her. The hardest bit for me was that DOGLOST had warned them that the dogs will feel like they have been naughty for not coming back and often will be traumatised and will not approach their owners. With this in mind Kate had to lay on the floor and coax her for ages with bits of chicken, eventually getting hold of her. It just seems so alien as you think your dog would go mad with excitement at seeing you.

She's been checked over and has a very bruised chest from being hit by a car and a cut on her head, exhausted and de hydrated, but home and alive.

Gwain asked me to thank everyone for them, they are so touched by all the support and help from so many people but just cant get round to thanking evryone, they have said that Sat night of Paws in the park will be there chance to thank everyone and have a drink, or 10!

He also said if anyone has posted the missing dog items somewhere else could they just put that she's found and again say thank you.

Very happy ending.