Saint Hubert Club

read about it today in shooting times

anyway went on to their website: "fraternity amongst sportsmen all over the world. Its aim is the conservation and pursuit in a sportsman like manner of all types of game"

they have loads of info about the training involved and what they stand for etc but nothing about how to become a member or how to get involved, the club secretarys email is given but i can't get the link

although 4 years is a long time to train for a qualification, having thousands of acres of protected stalking land accross the country as a member along with meetings, exhibitions and bbq's with like minded people, sounds worth it to me

probably wouldn't be as good a qualifacation as the DSC1/2 and deer managment cource coupled together as far as employment goes but could offer a lot more field experience all round knowledge

just wondering what peoples views are on the subject?

and if there are any members on here or people that could offer advice on how to get involved?

regards

Alex

Guest basil46

You don`t say what info you have but i found this, i might even e-mail it myself.

Saint Huberts Club.

Crowground Hall,

Kenny Hill,

Bury St Edmonds,

Suffolk.

IP28 8DS.

TEL. 01353 675239.

e-mail. secretary@st-huberts-club.org.uk

Hope this helps.

basil.

Edited by basil46

the info on the training? it had A LOT on the website....... four levels before becoming a qualified stalker.........100% pass rate for some of the written and shooting tests needed......... basically very drawn out and intensive on every aspect of stalking!!

thanks i couldn't find that, ill email them

only thing is, in the shooting times article he said that you need to be voted in by two members but they didn't do it for him.....just hope their relaxed about it because i don't think i know anyone thats a member :hmm:

cheers for the reply

Alex

Guest basil46

I wonder how much they`ll want for the training/exams. Reading your post i don`t think i`ll bother, sounds like an organisation of upper class twits who, if your sh4t is the wrong colour, won`t let you join whatever the exam results say.

basil.

hah yeh my dad pointed that out earlier, i didnt think about it like that but your probably right

just i dont know a lot of other people that like shooting (apart from the beating lads) and ide like to

as for the training prices, probably be more of a fu**ing down payment :feck:

Alex