the knap

Guest friedrice

Guest friedrice

going to travel down to the knap bary in south wales week end after this for a days fishing. had a look on wwf forums and see there are some spotted

ray there. any info on this venue lads :victory:

Guest friedrice
hi fella

good fishing

but try around the front of aberthaw powerstation great for smooth hounds much better chance with evert thing especially conger

hope this helps

thanks tikka i thought about that place,but was told i'll lose all my end tackle there ? lots of rocks and ledges there ive been told

but thanks for the info mate nice one :victory:

hi fella

good fishing

but try around the front of aberthaw powerstation great for smooth hounds much better chance with evert thing especially conger

hope this helps

thanks tikka i thought about that place,but was told i'll lose all my end tackle there ? lots of rocks and ledges there ive been told

but thanks for the info mate nice one :victory:

ok fried rice,the knap is ok mate but can get very busy due to the easy parking,they getting a few rays off there at the momment and plenty of doggies,hounds are showing most places at the momment over rough ground,but i hear that the mumbles pier is throwing quite a few out....as for aberthaw,me and wife fished it last week,he knows the spot better than i do,it fishes over low water,plenty of snags there,but a good place for hounds....wife said a overhead lob would do,but not so sure,he cast out and by the time he walked back and put his rod on the tripod his lead and bait were back out of the water :boogie: pealer crab is the bait there and iff you hit it right you will have hounds..........

i was up the knap last week fried rice,was doing a bit of hounding my self in the car park,seems to be a hot spot for a bit of dogging,anyway,getting back to the subject of fishing,while i was pumping away in the car i wiped the steam off the windows to see a few anglers walking back to there cars,i stopped in my motion and wound the window down to see how they had got on fishing,they had done well on the rays and had landed 3,also lost a good conger at there feet,i am going back down there to meet a nice girl from cardiff to test out her suspension on her corsa,will have a walk about while she getting her self warmed up and talk to a few anglers and see how it fishing

i was up the knap last week fried rice,was doing a bit of hounding my self in the car park,seems to be a hot spot for a bit of dogging,anyway,getting back to the subject of fishing,while i was pumping away in the car i wiped the steam off the windows to see a few anglers walking back to there cars,i stopped in my motion and wound the window down to see how they had got on fishing,they had done well on the rays and had landed 3,also lost a good conger at there feet,i am going back down there to meet a nice girl from cardiff to test out her suspension on her corsa,will have a walk about while she getting her self warmed up and talk to a few anglers and see how it fishing
AND THERE WAS ME THINKING THAT WHEN YOU SAID YOU HAD AN OLD HOUND AT THE KNAP YOU MEANT A FISH :doh:
well she had the same scent to her as a hound that had a gone off bit of squid in its mouth,sure was a nice girl,i would of married that one
tea go for it wife,we easilly get the rods in that mimi bus that picked her up :clapper::clapper: back on the subject of the knap,iff its blowing a gale get on nells point just around the corner,you can fish either side of it.allowing you to get out of the wind somewhere..........
Guest friedrice
well she had the same scent to her as a hound that had a gone off bit of squid in its mouth,sure was a nice girl,i would of married that one
tea go for it wife,we easilly get the rods in that mimi bus that picked her up :clapper::clapper: back on the subject of the knap,iff its blowing a gale get on nells point just around the corner,you can fish either side of it.allowing you to get out of the wind somewhere..........

thanks for the info hafod nice one :thumbs: i cant say the same about wife though :icon_eek:

my dad told me all about men like him :hmm: either looking for dog fish in dogging sites or in the woods looking for squirrels.

must be after they're nuts :whistling:

i been asked to bring a freind next time i fish a hot spot down barry fried rice,will give you a bell,dont worry i will hold your rod for you ,is that right i got to use 2 hands to hold that big rod of yours,or is that just haf telling me storys after he been on the bottle again?

Guest friedrice
i been asked to bring a freind next time i fish a hot spot down barry fried rice,will give you a bell,dont worry i will hold your rod for you ,is that right i got to use 2 hands to hold that big rod of yours,or is that just haf telling me storys after he been on the bottle again?

ok wife ,going to pm you mate to tell you i packed in the fishing thing :yes: decided after i looked on the knap posts.

not safe fishing down that way :whistling: