Well finished work early today me the wife and the kids went to Tabley, just as we were getting in the car it started to rain, it took 40minutes to get there it was still raining. We had a couple of walks round popped into black dog supplies, bought a collar for the terrier, good bloke had a bit of a chat, there was a little bit of discount for thl members, then bought 2 chickens for the family chicken shed.Not that good a day but if it was a bit dryer would of been a good show ,just waiting for the eggs know.

Weather was terrible, just as we pulled off the motorway the rain started and got worse.

Met Gnipper and Rainmaker off here in the car park, then got back in the car to wait to see if the rain went off, after about 40 minutes it was looking worse, so we went home!

Didn't even get to go in the show (although we'd paid on the gate), but the rain isn't the organisers fault to be fair!

Wish I'd gone on Saturday!!!

i went saterday and had one feck of a good day!

- shot some crossbows (never done that before)

- a dvd on lurchers called 'rogues'

- some new seeland trousers

- a print of someone lamping

then the things that didnt cost :clapper:

- had a look at some nice hawks and got a falconry display

- watched all the sighthound races

- saw the gundog scurry and picked up some tips from the demonstrations

- saw loads of nice lurchers etc being paraded around :feck: (i want one)

- sheepdog demonstrations (never seen that before)

- mounted games were pretty exciting even though Cheshire didnt do too well..

deffinately go again

Regards

Alex

Didn't think it was too bad myself, not a patch on midlands though. Only really went for a few collars and leads for the whippets and ended up coming home with a whippet x beddy pup which was a bit of an unexpected bonus.

Downer for the day was obviously the weather which can't be helped and on the way in we were following a woman in a shogun when a bloke decided to come the wrong way down the road, she stopped to let him past and not even looking behind decided to reverse well my Mrs couldn't get into reverse/blow the horn quick enough and she nudged us. The woman jumped out looked at the front and said there was nothing there with it being just a nudge and piddling down didn't get out to check (silly me!!!). Walked around the show got back to the car and noticed the bonnet was pretty caved in, don't you just love honest people!!!

Went on the Saturday and the weather was good and there were some good shows on. It's not a patch on the big fairs like the Midland but it gets you out. Entered my 18 month old cocker in his first scurry, he was 1 of the 4 finalists who achieved full marks in the first round there was him and 3 labs. At the end of the day he got 3rd place which I am chuffed to bits with.

My OH and I took our 2 lurchers Sunday..what a day..pouring down!!

Stayed at the lurcher events and didnt see the rest of the show,the OH stayed put in the car with the roughcoat Merlin while I took Blaze for the over 23" racing. After a good soaking waiting for our turn we did get a small ray of sunshine...so to speak... as Blaze was over 23" champion racer,his second title in a row as he took the same title at Arbury.

The rain suddenley didn't matter quite so much.

If the Brannons (organisers of lurcher events are reading this) THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORTS they were very much appreciated in awful conditions.

stap11.jpg