SO PROUD

Guest pip

THE SHOWS ARE GOOD CRACK AT TIMES BUT ID LIKE TO SEE SOME PROPER JUDGES AT THEM NOT SHOW MEN THEMSELVES,WORKING TERRIERMEN WHO KNOW WHAT THEY RE AT.SHES 3/8 LAKIE RIPSTOP IT MADE EM HARD ,AT LEAST I THINK IT WAS THEM TO BLAME.

OR SOME BACKROUND INFO ON THE DOGS,THE JUDGE DIDN T EVEN ASK WAS THE DOG WORKING.

Guest Eamon.Mc

Judges are arses I'm surprised some of them can tell which end of the dog has teeth mate. Summer time shows good craic for the kids mate. And an excuse for a few swallies.

Your picture Pip shows one of the reasons we should have shows. If those rosettes are part of the reason that young fellow grows to love terriers it's good. I'm sure he'll see plenty of the "proper" reason to keep terriers in time too. And I'm sure he'll be shown how to do it properly too.

Not like manys a child was brought out and shown by chancers never to go out again.

Also in a show a judges job is not to judge a dog on work. It's as simple as that.

I judged one of the biggest shows in Ireland a couple of years back. I gave Champion and reserve to two well known show people.

Why? Because they had IMO the best looking terriers on the day. These terrier I also believe work. But that didn't matter I was there to judge conformation. If I didn't I would have been insulting the people who were good enough to ask me to judge.

Why is it always workers of terriers who complain about a judges decision? Who cares?

By the way ,I don't show terriers.

Guest Eamon.Mc

Neil, not being argumentitive but shows are billed as working terrier shows, WORKING, but we see the same guys with their van full of sooners and their baby wipes for cleaning their arses and they always have pups for sale, now to me that's just killing the working terrier off. Young lads going to these fairs can get easily caught with a pup out of shite. Some guys as we've heard show their dogs for a bit of craic for the kids but if they are billed as working dog shows, dogs should be judged as such. The only holes the majority of those dogs see is the arse hole at the end of the lead. I don't show terriers either mate.

just to add the bitch is looking fine pip nice 1 keep the young un at it.

Edited by Eamon.Mc
post-9246-1210502718_thumb.jpg

SO PROUD,ESPECIALLY WHEN THE LAD SAID "I NEARLY LIKE SHOWING AS MUCH AS HUNTING DADDY AS WE SEEM TO GET MORE" :icon_redface:

Pip,

Good looking boy Pip.And good looking dog too.I like those black broken coats.

craig

post-9246-1210502718_thumb.jpg

SO PROUD,ESPECIALLY WHEN THE LAD SAID "I NEARLY LIKE SHOWING AS MUCH AS HUNTING DADDY AS WE SEEM TO GET MORE" :icon_redface:

Pip,

I forgot to add that a good friend to me here in the States regularly takes his young son out(about the same age as yours)hunting.It's a good bonding experience,and will be something both of you fellows sons can look back on and fondly remember.And GOD willing,will be a positive influence on them when they get older

craig

Well ladsthanks for all the nice replies.Neil i fully understand the pressure show judges are under to give best to best LOOKING dog,and i realise that you at least have to show impartiality when judging a dog no matter who is on the other end of the lead.

Personnally i quite like shows BUT i have to agree with eamon too in that they are working terrier shows and what puts working terriermen off is the facts Eamon has mentioned.I,and im sure most on here but probably Neil ,know of a fella judged a show and i fully respect what he done,he judged dog and handler as its a small world he knew the dogs ,mostly ,and he put a dog which he knew worked in front of an animal with better confirmation,sorry conformation :icon_redface:wheren t Christian :D that he knew was 5 and had never been dug too..Well that nearly caused a massive and the lad who is decent from the time i met him was never asked to judge again.

I think its time for the show organisers to take a stand and encourage judges like Neil to prioritise work and conformation ,rather than just conformation.

Boots i used my own shaver ,out in a rash now :whistling: .

I wouldn t have a dog in my yard that didn t work never mind in a show.

Thanks URU the wee lad likes the digging too but only in the rain lol

Edited by pip
Guest whitser

as long as lads are takng for what they are, which is a fun day out and a bit of craic during the summer then its no harm. personally i like them. get too as many as i can. i enter my dogs in every class they are eligable for, never win f**k all really bit its all about smething to do during the long boring summer days. and most are run by hnts as a fund raiser so we should show support. i bring my little girl to them and she loves showing the dogs.

Edited by whitser

Great picture! I took my old dog to the game fair at Broughton one year and a bloke stopped me with his young lad and said he was a nice looking dog and kept asking if he was game. The lad kept butting in saying 'Dad...Dad' and the bloke told him to be polite and wait until he'd finished talking to me. Eventually, the lad just tugged his dad's sleeve and said...........

"Dad - WHY do you keep asking if that dog is GAY?!" :icon_eek:

Just thought I'd share that - it made me laugh!