Calling all Gamekeepers!

I am 16 year old student who is currently part way through As levels.

At the moment I am not really interested in doing year 2 and am currently looking at doing a BTEC National Award in Gamekeeping or BTEC National Diploma in Game and Wildlife management at Sparsholt college.

What i would like to know is:

People's experiences with courses like this.

What the everyday life of a gamekeeper is like.

What qualities make a good gamekeeper.

Much appreciated

I am 16 year old student who is currently part way through As levels.

At the moment I am not really interested in doing year 2 and am currently looking at doing a BTEC National Award in Gamekeeping or BTEC National Diploma in Game and Wildlife management at Sparsholt college.

What i would like to know is:

People's experiences with courses like this.

What the everyday life of a gamekeeper is like.

What qualities make a good gamekeeper.

Much appreciated

i was on btec 1st diploma at rodbaston in stafford keeper there hardly turned up to teach we were told to wander round campus each time he didnt turn up.took us out ferreting 1day ferret layed up he said if all else fails what he did next was the last straw i left n never went back he put the barrel of the shot gun in 1 of the holes and let one of it still didnt come out his name were mike beach

Im just finishing my second year doing national diploma game and wildlife management at sparsholt. Only doing 2 days a week now so i can work the other days. Its an alright course, second year is pretty much all deer. The main thing is just getting the tickets and the name sparsholt on your CV.

Every day life for a keeper is different depending on your shoot. At the minute im spending every day gettin the rearing field ready, but a mate that works on a shoot that buys in poults is builiding pens every day.

As for good qualities for a gamekeeper, here goes:

The ability to work 25 hours a day, 8 days a week. for pretty a pretty rubbush wage, put up with shite laws and ignorance and be happy at the end of it :lol: