Try www.targetsports.co.uk

But half the time while ive been using them the crows see them and just fly about above them and dont land anywhere near tem, never even shot a crow with the aid of crow decoys but loads usin pigeon decoys.

Hope this helps,

Luke.

The best crow decoys are dead crows! If you are looking for some bargains have a look in the back of the shooting magazines at the classifieds and see whats there. I am probably gonna get some flack for this info but here goes.

I do a lot of crow shooting, meaning 2000 birds a year normally. It depends on where you are shooting and what youre shooting over with crows. There's no doubt in my mind that the crow is more intelligent than the pigeon and is harder to decoy effectively. If youre shooting in standing crops then the best bet is to either sit under the flightline, obviously!, with decoys out in front of you, the decoys will need to be on poles if the crop is standing. If there are holes in the crop where the crows have flattened it then if you can set up your hide within 30 yrds of it, you can place normal decoys in the hole and hope for the best. Crows have incredible eyesight, not as good as the pigeon i dont think, but he will still see you moving in your hide long before he is in range, a peak or rimmed hat of somekind is absolutely essential, he will also be able to sense danger better than a pigeon.

If you intend to get a rotary decoy machine then it must be slowed down for crows between 25-28 rpm is about right.

Recon is the key with crows, you need to find the patches they are feeding on and the flightline, in my opinion, the best time for crows is the afternoon flight from say 3pm onwards. One last point before i bore you, remember to walk all the crows off the field you itend to decoy before you start shooting otherwise they wont come back as they know it is dangerous,

Hope it helps, if not itll put you to sleep!

ss06

Guest dog on
does anybody know where i could get some crow decoys and any other bits and bobs new or second hand any info on crow decoying welcome Anythingor maybe a camo hide very interested if the price is right :signthankspin::good::good:
where about in wales are you i got some crows that need sorting for a farmer if your interested