Deer Recognition

Guest Rabbiteer

Guest Rabbiteer

Hello Guys,

I have been out with the ferrets very early in the mornings and have seen a few deer knocking about.

To begin with I thought they were Roe as they were about the right size but i couldnt see the white flash of its arse. Insted they had black long stripes going down the back of there legs.

I have tried to Google it but to no luck. As you guys are the experts maybe you would take five seconds of your time to educate the thick rabbit catcher.

Cheers for your help,

Rabbiteer

Guest Rabbiteer
Sound like Fallow. Which county were you in ? because they could also have been Sika but they have a much more restricted range.

thankyou,

Im in Southern Hampshire near Portsmouth.

Guest Rabbiteer

C'mon you guys. 60 looks at the post and only one gent among you willing to help out.

A Roe size-ish deer in a family of four with no obvious white flash to its arse, but with a long black stripes or patches down the back of their legs.

I dont have a good enough camera to gt a pic.

Come to think of it there was a lone Roe male just off from the four other deer and he could be easily seen and identified, so it definatley wasnt Roe.

All the best,

Rabbiteer

Guest Ditch_Shitter

They're (Sika) said to be in the New Forest? Well, they're down on the east side of Hampshire too. Or were a couple or do decades back. Sounds like they've met and you've met them, mate.

Phil should be able to confirm.

Guest Rabbiteer

Sika it is then. These pics are almost the same as what I have seen on two differant farms in southern Hampshire.

White rump wasnt so prominant but the black stripe could clearly be seen.

1035791250_08ba461ae0_o.jpg

Minus the bird obviously...................................

Cheers ditch,

All the best,

Rabbiteer