Run my bitch last week, noticed her lame on back toe. Have been washing it regular in tcp and salty water, noticed a tiny cut to the side of her nail, had her out for a spin today noticed it tender - Squeezed it and a little pus and blood came from it , which leads me to believe she has something in her nail bed, anyone any ideas of how to get this out?

Run my bitch last week, noticed her lame on back toe. Have been washing it regular in tcp and salty water, noticed a tiny cut to the side of her nail, had her out for a spin today noticed it tender - Squeezed it and a little pus and blood came from it , which leads me to believe she has something in her nail bed, anyone any ideas of how to get this out?
hi get her to your vet mate
Make a bread poultice,if theres anything in there the poultice will draw it out along with any puss. :thumbs:

Haven't heard of that in years. Let me get this right mate, a piece of bread in a sock, and wrap with a bandage?

Make a bread poultice,if theres anything in there the poultice will draw it out along with any puss. :thumbs:

Haven't heard of that in years. Let me get this right mate, a piece of bread in a sock, and wrap with a bandage?

Make a paste from bread and hot salt water (not burning hot) squeaze out the excess water so that the paste is like damp dough.Then apply it to the wound and cover with bandage,as the bread dries it will draw the puss and whatever else out of the wound.Apply a new poultice every24 hours.Its an old remedy,but very effective. :thumbs:

soak it in warm water every day for a week and it should come out

I have been mate. Still the same, there must be stuff that will draw the dirt/thorn/ stone out? Anyone?

just keep doing it make the water hot so you can hold your hand in it just about