mk 1 8ft micro ferret collar

can anyone tell me what battery the Mk1 8ft micro takes ? ...

thanks in advance

The new mk3 collar uses 393 silver oxide, but these will not work in my old micro collar.

The only ones that work are the same size, but in alkaline version. I think it's because they are a different voltage!

thanks in advance

The new mk3 collar uses 393 silver oxide, but these will not work in my old micro collar.

The only ones that work are the same size, but in alkaline version. I think it's because they are a different voltage!

They're on ebay, listed as AG5........

thanks in advance

looks like i got a bum collar then :( we tried an AG5 and it DID fit.. but nothin happened. Granted the guy wasn't sure it worked as he'd never tried it.. only used the terrier collar which works fine lol but we dont NEED one of them .. figures eh ?

Also... the "terrier collar" locator is bigger of course, but deben lists it as needing two batteries.. only one fits ??? it works... at least it makes the box make noise. .. .could this be a different sized ferret coller on the wrong sorta collar do you think ? or is there a Terrier collar that only takes 1 battery ?

Lorelei have you tried cleaning the center battery connector on the 8ft micro collar also try putting a small amount of silver foil behind the battery when you fit the battery in the cap then screw it on .

I must be lucky but my 3 8ft micro collars all work on 393's.

thanks in advance

looks like i got a bum collar then :( we tried an AG5 and it DID fit.. but nothin happened. Granted the guy wasn't sure it worked as he'd never tried it.. only used the terrier collar which works fine lol but we dont NEED one of them .. figures eh ?

Also... the "terrier collar" locator is bigger of course, but deben lists it as needing two batteries.. only one fits ??? it works... at least it makes the box make noise. .. .could this be a different sized ferret coller on the wrong sorta collar do you think ? or is there a Terrier collar that only takes 1 battery ?

Maybe that terrier collar is one of the first ones out, I think they did an 8ft one. They did 8ft and 16ft ferret collars as well. The 16ft took 2 batteries, the cap was longer to suit.

It's worth trying what Fubar says, cleaning teminals etc.

Fubar, are those 393's silver oxide or alkaline. I think 393 is generic