ferreting in cornwall

me n lee (aka springfield) went to one of the places that have lots of wabbits stuck the purse nets down they where bolting out of a hole we didnt see around 20 yards up behind the hill :thumbdown: 10 mins later we had a bunny decided to move on to one of his permissions stuck the ferrets down n bolted 3 with lee's 8 year old hob but can he enough move the rabbit's

but only 2 got netted due to it being cut thorns so the nets were not purseing proply you win some you loose some

so decided to move on to a small warren we saw got there and it was a 100+ holer and only had 50 purse nets so stuck nets down on the easy ones stuck lee's hob down again n didnt see him for around 10 mins so located him and he was just under lee's feet around 2 foot down started digging and it was a stop end got 2 rabbits out of that

then decided to make way home as was getting dark

5 rabbits not a record but was a very enjoyable day

a pic of lee getting the annoyed bucks out the stop end

Picture003.jpg

got one seven can still work but back when i rabbited 4 days a week he would have been gone as they are only good for half a shift and not full on but hey now i only hunt for me not clients etc paying people so old eric is still here at seven hees well traveled , been in h m p with him thats another story but well thats the oldest ferrrets ivehad all the best