For all you Carp/ Barble anglers

No matter what they are i normally freeze them anyway it just keeps them that little bit fresher for your next trip, but some are known to

get freezer burnt if left in for long periods but i found that this doesnt effect the carps appetite in the sligtest, just scrape it off a little.

E2A- Edited 2 Add

Edited by AIRGUNNER
  • 4 weeks later...
What form of boiles do you prefer shelf life or freezer ive really started to get into using Mainlines freezer range at the moment and think thier fantastic

Hi Mate

I would go with freezers every time as they contain better food content for fish, and so carp or barbel will actively search them out knowing they are better for them. Shelf lifes last for ever as they are stuffed full of preservatives etc etc

Hope this helps :thumbs:

Hi Mate

I would go with freezers every time as they contain better food content for fish, and so carp or barbel will actively search them out knowing they are better for them. Shelf lifes last for ever as they are stuffed full of preservatives etc etc

Do you really belive this to be true?...............personnally I dont credit fish with that degree of intelligence.

If humans are not capable, then I am damn sure fish cant.............

And I fieldtest for mainline.................. ;)

Hi Wilf

Yes mate I think they do, I'm also connected to a bait company and have tutored for the barbel society etc etc any roads most of the time through observation barbs have gone for the freezers over the shelfs, not saying shelfs dont work because they do. In the long run I reckon you score better with freezers the same way as you would using HNV's

But thse are just my thoughts bud ;)

Fair play Barbus...........I will allways go for a good foodbait myself pal, but weather the fish can make complicated chemical analysis I remain scheptical about.

The only intelligence I belive the fish have is to associate certain things with danger..........as do most animals.

Interesting to read of your experience all the same :thumbs:

Hi Mate

Do you really belive this to be true?...............personnally I dont credit fish with that degree of intelligence.

If humans are not capable, then I am damn sure fish cant.............

And I fieldtest for mainline.................. ;)

Im also a field tester with mainline and another company which i would rather not mention

So then Wilf what was the latest stuff youve tested for ML and do you know Kev...

Guest craftycarper

has to be freezer, better scent release, easy to handle.....love the tutti frutti never blanked with em, NRG also great, off the shelf great for catty ammo, especially coots :whistling::whistling:

Guest john the baptist

Hi chaps, i have caught lots of carp on the active 8. I also use cc moores baits too, the xxx and the meteor have worked well on the barbel. I never use oily baits in the colder months and always use freezer baits. Keep haulin', John.

You wait till the new Mainline Fission5 comes out John, Ive been working on them for 2weeks now and im halfway through writing the review

now and trust me they are the muts nuts, will be out in boilies first then later on in the year Fission5 liquid attractants, basemixs and so on

will be hitting the shelfs.

Ive not only had loads/big carp on fishion5 boilies but its also tempted a tench this early on in the year and a few nice bream around 6lb+.

Edited by AIRGUNNER