is there travlers

well said greenman... like you said it was a decent thread started by a travlin boy askin if thier was any more of his kind on here.......... not a free for all , for narrow minded ignorance.... im a traveller myself and il be the first to say there's a number of undesirables in my creed.. as their is in all ... the thing is everyone is quick enough to jump on the slagging off bandwagan against gypsy's... most dont know any traveller's , only the bad things theyve heard which i dare say a few are economical with the true fact's to say the least ie.. bad crop's lol... im not blowing my horn or jumping on a soapbox but......... of all the kid's in orphanages, drug addict tramp's begging, prostitute's on corner's.. queer barstard's roaming the public park's at night... serial killer's.. peadofile's parent's who abuse and rape or kill their kid's........ what im saying is one thing travellers are is good family people we dont give away our baby's or kill them.... us ol boy's get our collar's felt for many thing's......... but those other crime's are not are scene.. family life and respect for our elders are bred into us........... before one throw's stone's think of the low life scum in thier breed............. thier's good and bad in all walk's of life ,the problem is they only see the bad in us.. the year is 2008 we are in the 21st century a time when p.c is rife yet it is socialy acceptable to openly discrimanate against romany's.......... some of my spelling or grammar proberly isnt right but i aint done to bad for an ol gypsy boy who left school at 12 to barrow tarmac and work like a man

Edited by yoggerman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live and let live, thats what I use to live by!

I never new much about the travelling community(and still don't), I grew up in canada and hadn't seen or heard of travellers until I moved to scotland!

I was warned by people with salukis to watch my saluki's when walking them near travellers! I thought that was terrible and wasn't going to judge people I had never met. live and let live, they weren't bothering me! I did and do get annoyed at the rubbish and shit that was/is left all over the place and the campylobacter infection my dogs seemed to get when they were staying where i walked. But still never judged anyone and went about my buisness of walking my dogs as usual!

Then many years ago when my saluki was young and fit, the travellers tried to steal her! Thankfully she is very nervous and doesn't trust anyone or she would have been gone :icon_eek:

I am now totally paranoid!! Keep well away when there are travellers staying where I walk, ulter my walking times and inform my neighbours to keep an eye on my place when I am out! This is really sad but the problem is I don't know which travellers tried to steal my dog? I realise not everone of the travelling community want my dogs but the problem is when they are staying near me i don't know if they are going to be interested in my dogs or not so I am very very carefull! I am also very sorry that I feel this way, but it is important to me to keep my dogs safe!

I haven't had any junkies try to steal my dogs, I haven't had any of the local lurcher guys try to steal my dogs ect ect, for me it is all down to experience and if that incident didn't happen 7 years ago, I would still be saying live and let live and walking my dogs as usual!

like i said earler its a sad fact that those crimes we are related to............ but is every dog stolen down to us......... at the end of the day id rather be called a dog thiev than a [eadofile kid murderer.......... those are your crimes not mine ......... remember theres good and bad in all ... you keep on about the worst of mine and il keep on about the worst of yours............ lets all agree to disagree cos this aint going no where

look at the first post it was a genuine post by a travelling man asking if there were any of his kind on here. He didnt ask for all this dog steeling pish :censored: some people just dont have the brain power to think before they speak :wallbash:

this thread is going nowhere

look at the first post it was a genuine post by a travelling man asking if there were any of his kind on here. He didnt ask for all this dog steeling pish :censored: some people just dont have the brain power to think before they speak :wallbash:

this thread is going nowhere

actually you are right my post was meant to go on the thread about the attempted dog theift. my appoligies, jsut realised I put it under the wrong thread, was just pointing out the effect one incident had on me :thumbdown: