appeals fac/sgc

Guest craftycarper

If you look on airgun bbs there was a recent case on there, a guy was refused his fac (i think his doctor was anti-hunting) and didn't help his application when it went through. Anyhow the guy appealed and won, costs = £3500 + costs all of which he had to pay himself. I also put my refusal on there with the letter i had from the met telling me why, although i have had a sgc for a couple of years and been shooting air rifles for over twenty years they knocked me back. I was gonna appeal myself but it ain't worth the sort of figures i've posted above , i've posted both the links below.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238365

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245892

what you think?

like my self i took the police to court and won ,i asked for the police to pay all costs which the court ruled yes in my favor so it cost me nothing at all :D so if you think you will win go for it ,i was told by my brief that he did not think i would win ,i thought differant :yes: im now going for my fac on a open ticket and if they dont give it me im back to court :yes: you will not find a better and fair`er place than the crown court ..dont take any shit of no body no matter who ..£3500 is a one of i was told by the court it would of cost me no more than £1000 the police try to scare you by telling you theses big numbers to put you off and it works on some people ,,if you have the balls go for it ..

Edited by rob reynolds uk

m now going for my fac on a open ticket and if they dont give it me im back to court

dont think it would work this time,there is no appeal against restrictions by the cheif of police on firearms certs.

but well done for the first appeal.

Edited by markbivvy

re open licence fac law is uk wide.i know everyone in strathclyde has an open licence.it was won in a court case so should apply to england wales.Ni is different

it reads like and any other land the holder has the right to use that class of firearm.Basicaly if you think the land is ok then its on the fac holders head if anything goes wrong.

cheers andy :)